Utsw 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
jaboy said:
Giving My. 02 is the coolest!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Luckily, I signed you out Jaboy, I don't know if anyone else posted under your name, but luckily your favorite carrel buddy is watching your back. ;)
where is ben? where is sunkists? where is soonerpillow? I am really happy that I get to talk to my2cents. I wish we could get some more people from our class on here that are as cool as my2cents.

Members don't see this ad.

jaboy said:
where is ben? where is sunkists? where is soonerpillow? I am really sad that I have to talk to my2cents. Can't we get some more interesting people on here?

Well, I will just disappear also. You are now on my list with bad mojo.

Giving My .02 said:
Well, I will just disappear also. You are now on my list with bad mojo.
sorry. I think GT posted on my account! Man, the nerve of some people. Speaking of nerves, is anyone interested in T6 spinal nerve? I think that is a good one. So who here is excited about the next week in biochem? I think we get to talk about cholesterol and stuff. I am pretty excited. I am very interested in the metabolism of cholesterol.

Has anyone read the ethics book?

Members don't see this ad :)
jaboy said:
where is ben? where is sunkists? where is soonerpillow? I am really happy that I get to talk to my2cents. I wish we could get some more people from our class on here that are as cool as my2cents.

Man, I never realized how much of a hardcore Bushie my2cents is. Bush this and Bush that. Rub it in everyone's faces that Bush won why don't you. Frankly, I'm offended that you, my2cents, would so casually insult other people's political beliefs just because your man won. As a future physician, you should be more open minded to other people's opinions. Just because everyone doesn't worship Bush the way you do, doesn't make them a bad person. Shame, shame on you.

Bad Mojo said:
Man, I never realized how much of a hardcore Bushie my2cents is. Bush this and Bush that. Rub it in everyone's faces that Bush won why don't you. Frankly, I'm offended that you, my2cents, would so casually insult other people's political beliefs just because your man won. As a future physician, you should be more open minded to other people's opinions. Just because everyone doesn't worship Bush the way you do, doesn't make them a bad person. Shame, shame on you.

Guys, I am getting tired of ya'll ganging up on me with these jokes. No telling what people think about me. Bad Mojo, you know where I stand, and you know I was not like the way you described me today.

So there

Bad Mojo said:

man I miss so much over in the black hole of A carrel...DAMN YOU A CARREL! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

BenYossarian said:
man I miss so much over in the black hole of A carrel...DAMN YOU A CARREL! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

I hope all of A carrel burns in hell! Well except for Ben.

i'm never going to miss "four-square friday" ever again. and if you don't know what i'm talking about, you have got to see what all the fuss is about. thumbs up to treetops, backstops and spins.

sunkists said:
i'm never going to miss "four-square friday" ever again. and if you don't know what i'm talking about, you have got to see what all the fuss is about. thumbs up to treetops, backstops and spins.

CHERRY BOMB!

sunkists said:
damn treetops!

YES! I finally got my all access backstage pass! Now I can do whatever the hell I want. JUST TRY AND STOP ME!

1. Treetops? Backstops? Spins? Bah. The only good game of Four Squares is a clean game of Four Squares.

2. JaBoy should stop libelling his harmless carrel-mates. Tsk tsk.

Gb15000 said:
1. Treetops? Backstops? Spins? Bah. The only good game of Four Squares is a clean game of Four Squares.

2. JaBoy should stop slandering his harmless carrel-mates. Tsk tsk.

This can't be true. Gb15000...Is this the great G.T. himself masquerading in SDN? Or is it merely the foolish attempts of another misguided soul? Only time can unravel this enigma wrapped inside a riddle.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand a thing ya'll are talking about, I guess I am not in the "in" group.

Bad Mojo said:
This can't be true. Gb15000...Is this the great G.T. himself masquerading in SDN? Or is it merely the foolish attempts of another misguided soul? Only time can unravel this enigma wrapped inside a riddle.
1. Well, if it 'can't be true' then I suppose the remaining questions are irrelevant are they not?

2. It is true that Johnny Wu does in fact rule. I don't know who this 'Johhny' imposter is however.

3. Finally, note that regardless of which Wu rules, Kinkin CAN.

have you guys told that prick MSTP student to sign up yet. or at least told him what a total tool he is. gawd i hate how he things he's almighty and crap. he probably has goals set to secure a spot with one of the PI's that won a nobel prize or something. i wanna smack him so hard...

by the way, so other MSTP'ers in your class won't think it's them....guy i'm talking about went to a school down south for undergrad, and it wasn't in Texas. sorry, but this guys needs to know he's not on a freakin pedestal above all...what a douce'

firebody said:
have you guys told that prick MSTP student to sign up yet. or at least told him what a total tool he is. gawd i hate how he things he's almighty and crap. he probably has goals set to secure a spot with one of the PI's that won a nobel prize or something. i wanna smack him so hard...

by the way, so other MSTP'ers in your class won't think it's them....guy i'm talking about went to a school down south for undergrad, and it wasn't in Texas. sorry, but this guys needs to know he's not on a freakin pedestal above all...what a douce'

Apparently it isn't the same guy that Jaboy and I assumed -- that guy went to one of the Texas schools. You're going to have to give us more hints or something, or let us play 20 questions. BG1500 and I are great at twenty questions. Anyways, I don't know all of the MSTPs, but I think I know a fair amount of them and they all seem pretty cool. I'm assuming you're MSTP and know this guy from the retreat or something.

Bad Mojo said:
Apparently it isn't the same guy that Jaboy and I assumed -- that guy went to one of the Texas schools. You're going to have to give us more hints or something, or let us play 20 questions. BG1500 and I are great at twenty questions. Anyways, I don't know all of the MSTPs, but I think I know a fair amount of them and they all seem pretty cool. I'm assuming you're MSTP and know this guy from the retreat or something.

naw i was just kidding. it was one instance that i was referring about. i was just trying to get him on here to see if he would sign up. he's probably an awesome guy though, i just don't know enough or interacted with him to the point to make a judgment. i've been joking when i bad mouth him.....but some of those MudPhuders deserve it, not that i am one....but still. just kidding again...MudPhuders rule!!

You guys are making us sound like freaks. ...............which I strongly suspect we are bt you don't need to advertise that to the web.

ndi_amaka said:
You guys are making us sound like freaks. ...............which I strongly suspect we are bt you don't need to advertise that to the web.

Let me second that.

******ed is the word.

zensurg said:
******ed is the word.

Honestly, I grew up, and my mother never let me say that word. It can be offensive to people, especially those who are mentally ******ed. So, I would not agree with that description.

Secondly, do you go to school here or just in Texas?

zensurg said:
******ed is the word.

I honestly thought that a thread with UTSW in it would be really serious.....

jaboy said:
I honestly thought that a thread with UTSW in it would be really serious.....

We're letting that cutthroat stereotype slip.

ndi_amaka said:
We're letting that cutthroat stereotype slip.
I'll try to let that image get back into focus.

Speaking of focus, has anyone seen what they did to Solly's BBQ in Addison?

They turned it into a Pei Wei....

jaboy said:
I'll try to let that image get back into focus.

Speaking of focus, has anyone seen what they did to Solly's BBQ in Addison?

They turned it into a Pei Wei....

I'll turn YOU into a pei wei!!!

I don't know what that means.

Okay, they are up, right after I posted the question. Yes, the fat lady is singing because Biochemistry is over. Now onto Genetics, which is
bad mojo's territory. Okay I know I am a dork, everyone is out having fun since we just had an exam. I am not a partier anyway, but I am stuck at home with Pink
Eye. Yes, I went to school with Pink Eye to take the exam, so I think they should give me some extra points just for fun since my eye was itching the whole time. Okay, that is enough rambling for me. Was looking on the web though and October, November, and December seems to be the time to see Pink Eye. I just hope I don't get the flu.

Sorry about the pink eye 2c.

What do you all think about the dallas report saying that Southwestern is the root of all evil at Parkland?

I think since the ruling on the residency work week, there has been longer waits, etc. Academic physicians already have a cut in pay by not being in the private sector, and I don't think you are going to continue to attract the best physicians with lower wages, and longer hours since the residents have to work shorter hours than in the past (this is what the study suggested). If Parkland was not a teaching hospital, the resident salaries now that are close to min. wage with the hours would be true doctor salaries, making costs even higher. The reason there is a problem, is Parkland is being forced to take care of other counties' patients that don't have a county hospital, but the counties that don't have the county hospitals are not taking the responsibility to pay for their own county residents' health, or at least the majority of people that show up at parkland, not just the homeless. What do you think?

just wanted to increase my post count, ethics summaries are no fun :mad:

bi9guns said:
just wanted to increase my post count, ethics summaries are no fun :mad:

better than reading the acutal book...

C carrel in the hizzouse.

What's going on this weekend? We should party like rock-stars since this Genetics final is gonna be a breeze.

I am currently in the process of applying to med school and was wondering if any MSI's would be willing to take a friend and me to class one day in January during our winter break. We wanted to get a better feel for UTSW before we have to rank schools. It would help if whomever was showing us around is really enthusiastic about UTSW, as I haven't met many people who really really like Southwestern. I think Monday, January 9th would work best for us, as we will be in Dallas the weekend before, but we are flexible w/ dates. Also, you would not have to worry about hosting us...we have made other arrangements.

Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

ut_stephen said:
I am currently in the process of applying to med school and was wondering if any MSI's would be willing to take a friend and me to class one day in January during our winter break. We wanted to get a better feel for UTSW before we have to rank schools. It would help if whomever was showing us around is really enthusiastic about UTSW, as I haven't met many people who really really like Southwestern. I think Monday, January 9th would work best for us, as we will be in Dallas the weekend before, but we are flexible w/ dates. Also, you would not have to worry about hosting us...we have made other arrangements.

This is Giving My .02, but it looks like jaboy didn't sign off, so I am typing on his address, since I don't want to loose my post by signing off.

I don't think I would be the best person, Bad Mojo and Jaboy are way more enthusiastic, just in personality than me. I am pretty matter of fact, but in a sincere way. I think you are talking about Jan. 10th, because the 9th is a Sunday. I am going to try to say something nicely, so please don't take offense. I think you have talked to the wrong people. Everyone is pretty much happy to be here, and I have never heard anyone here bash any other schools in Texas, even Baylor. I guess people think you are going to rank more on the school than how we sell the school to you. Plus, you come up on a Saturday, and pretty much everyone who is here, is studying. Everyone not on campus, is having a great time, and that is probably where you find the enthusiastic people.

P.S. I haven't heard anyone say they hate it here.

taydogg69 said:
C carrel in the hizzouse.

What's going on this weekend? We should party like rock-stars since this Genetics final is gonna be a breeze.
yes.

ut_stephen said:

Badmojo and I would love to show you and your friend arround. I'll send you a private message. I am just saying this in public because if anyone else ever needs a tour, both of us would probably be up for it.

jaboy said:
This is Giving My .02, but it looks like jaboy didn't sign off, so I am typing on his address, since I don't want to loose my post by signing off.

I don't think I would be the best person, Bad Mojo and Jaboy are way more enthusiastic, just in personality than me. I am pretty matter of fact, but in a sincere way. I think you are talking about Jan. 10th, because the 9th is a Sunday. I am going to try to say something nicely, so please don't take offense. I think you have talked to the wrong people. Everyone is pretty much happy to be here, and I have never heard anyone here bash any other schools in Texas, even Baylor. I guess people think you are going to rank more on the school than how we sell the school to you. Plus, you come up on a Saturday, and pretty much everyone who is here, is studying. Everyone not on campus, is having a great time, and that is probably where you find the enthusiastic people.

P.S. I haven't heard anyone say they hate it here.

I think that most people would like it here, unless you don't like Dallas and living there is a problem for you.

jaboy said:
I think that most people would like it here, unless you don't like Dallas and living there is a problem for you.

Me and Jaboy are the best tour guides ever! That is pretty early in the physiology block so I'll probably even be going to class at that point too! Southwestern is AWESOME! (I'm trying to seem real excited with the exclamation points). I honestly think school is largely the same everywhere. Yea, our schedule looks bad on paper, but it really doesn't seem that bad. The people are great and Dallas is definitely cooler than Houston. If you come on a Friday, you can come to our barbeque interest group meeting at Mike Anderson's BBQ across the street.

Bad Mojo said:
Me and Jaboy are the best tour guides ever! That is pretty early in the physiology block so I'll probably even be going to class at that point too! Southwestern is AWESOME! (I'm trying to seem real excited with the exclamation points). I honestly think school is largely the same everywhere. Yea, our schedule looks bad on paper, but it really doesn't seem that bad. The people are great and Dallas is definitely cooler than Houston. If you come on a Friday, you can come to our barbeque interest group meeting at Mike Anderson's BBQ across the street.
Speaking of BIG, I am currently working on the T shirt design. I'll show you a prototype as soon as I can.

jaboy said:
Speaking of BIG, I am currently working on the T shirt design. I'll show you a prototype as soon as I can.

t-shirts??? I never thought the day would come.

MadameLULU said:
Is anyone here sasquatch?

Well, Ben Yossarian is really big and hairy, if that's what you mean. He's claims to be a Texas boy but could very well spend time in the Pacific Northwest scaring tourists for all any of us know.

Bad Mojo said:
Well, Ben Yossarian is really big and hairy, if that's what you mean. He's claims to be a Texas boy but could very well spend time in the Pacific Northwest scaring tourists for all any of us know.

I visited a carrel yesterday during my interview and that was written on someone's cabinet.

MadameLULU said:
I visited a carrel yesterday during my interview and that was written on someone's cabinet.

unless someone has played a cruel joke on me since I was last there on friday evening...it wasn't mine.

and my mom's side of the family is from the pacific northwest. put that in your pipe and smoke it!

BenYossarian said:
unless someone has played a cruel joke on me since I was last there on friday evening...it wasn't mine.

and my mom's side of the family is from the pacific northwest. put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Interesting.....