UTSW Children's Medical Center Dallas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ktswims2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those who interviewed here, what were your thoughts? Both positive and negative impressions appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

The program seemed to be high volume and residents worked hard but didn't seem totally over worked. We only had one intern attend dinner but I think that is just luck of the day you were there. Overall I really liked the curriculum and the morning report we went to. Seems like there would be a ton of ways to individualize rotations based on your interests and goals. Everyone I met was nice as well.

I think the cost of living in Dallas was higher than a lot of places I personally interviewed at but it seems the salary was adjusted well to cover that.

Overall I really enjoyed my interview there!

I didn't interview this year but I was there recently enough and have friends doing residency there so I'll share my impression: great program, appeared really dynamic and improving by the day. I loved the PD (probably the best one I met). They have a lot (all?) of fellowships in house and I felt all they were lacking to be a top "whatever number you consider elite" program was the big name or reputation in pediatrics. They have some serious $$. I liked the residents and the city, so it was hard for m not to rank them 1st.