UTSW Secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amg_la

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If you think that one or more of the following interests apply to you, check the appropriate box(es) and list specific experiences (academic, co-curricular, employment, personal, etc.) related to and supportive of this interest in the text box provided below. Do not use a paragraph format; list in bulleted format.

Interested in establishing a medical practice in an underserved area
Interested in a career in research
Interested in a career in teaching
Interested in a career in primary care medicine

For this question on the UTSW secondary would you recommend strictly listing experiences with short descriptions or would you provide them context toward future goals in the field of medicine

Members don't see this ad.

also are your experience here just a repeat of what is listed on the TMDSAS Application

I didn't apply UTSW, but that prompt pretty explicitly wants bare-bones bullet points of evidence, I wouldn't add stuff about future goals

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If you think that one or more of the following interests apply to you, check the appropriate box(es) and list specific experiences (academic, co-curricular, employment, personal, etc.) related to and supportive of this interest in the text box provided below. Do not use a paragraph format; list in bulleted format.

For this question on the UTSW secondary would you recommend strictly listing experiences with short descriptions or would you provide them context toward future goals in the field of medicine
I put a one line response then a few sentences explaining my answer. ie: I am interested in a career in research. I have conducted research as an undergrad at XYZ university as an undergrad which sparked my interest in the scientific method. I plan to conduct research at a academic institution along side my clinical practice. blah blah blah. This was "meh" but you get the point.

Was that it for UTSW secondaries?

I put a one line response then a few sentences explaining my answer. ie: I am interested in a career in research. I have conducted research as an undergrad at XYZ university as an undergrad which sparked my interest in the scientific method. I plan to conduct research at a academic institution along side my clinical practice. blah blah blah. This was "meh" but you get the point.
What were your interview questions like?

What were your interview questions like?
There are two one on one interviews. The first one was open file and they were extremely nice. We talked about family stuff and I just answered their (easy) questions about good stuff on my app. The second interviewer...(sigh)...was tough and was closed file. They were harsh about certain grades I made and made it known that my MCAT did not impress them. They didnt come off as friendly at all. I left the first interviewer feeling great but the second feeling like I was not gonna get in at all. Just try to keep your cool and answer the best that you can.