UTSW vs Texas Tech Lubbock (TTUHSC)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

21whoswho21

Reaction score
I got accepted into UTSW with a full-ride scholarship. However, my significant other got into another Texas medical school that is lower tier, which I was also accepted to. UTSW is an amazing opportunity that is hard to give up as it has so much to offer, especially with the amazing scholarship; however, life would be great if I could be with my significant other.

NOTE:

I also got a 4-year scholarship at this lower tier school; however, it doesn't cover everything.

My significant other and I have been together for a really long time and plan to get married within the next 2 years.

Members don't see this ad.

I got accepted into UTSW with a full-ride scholarship. However, my significant other got into another Texas medical school that is lower tier, which I was also accepted to. UTSW is an amazing opportunity that is hard to give up as it has so much to offer, especially with the amazing scholarship; however, life would be great if I could be with my significant other.

NOTE:

I also got a 4-year scholarship at this lower tier school; however, it doesn't cover everything.

My significant other and I have been together for a really long time and plan to get married within the next 2 years.
That’s tough... I would say just really think about what you want career wise, primary care vs competitive specialty. UTSW would help a bit more but they will both help you get where you want to go. 4 years living far away can put a strain on a relationship but only y’all know how your relationship works! I would say TTUHSC as it would make your entire life easier! Best of luck!

Congrats on all the scholarships! This is definitely a tough choice my friend, what did you decide (how did you rank them)?