UVa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmkola15

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at UVa and got a good "gutsy" feeling; however, I got a similar "gusty" feeling at UAB as well and am having difficulty with my rank list now. Does anyone know if you see alot of pathology at UVa and which is a better choice if that can be made objectively? I want to make sure I come out of residency feeling confident and having seen enough patients.

Members don't see this ad.

I spent a month there for an away neurology elective. The hospital draws from a patient base of >3 million and there is plenty of interesting pathology. It won't be Mayo / Hopkins / UCSF in terms of the zebras, but you will get great neurology training and see a high volume of both bread and butter and the odd stuff.

UVa is a totally an under-rated program in my opinion. The residents and faculty are some of the friendliest and down-to-earth people I've come across on the interview trail and the commitment to teaching is apparent. Overall a great place.