UVa

Started by kmkola15
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kmkola15

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed at UVa and got a good "gutsy" feeling; however, I got a similar "gusty" feeling at UAB as well and am having difficulty with my rank list now. Does anyone know if you see alot of pathology at UVa and which is a better choice if that can be made objectively? I want to make sure I come out of residency feeling confident and having seen enough patients.
 
I spent a month there for an away neurology elective. The hospital draws from a patient base of >3 million and there is plenty of interesting pathology. It won't be Mayo / Hopkins / UCSF in terms of the zebras, but you will get great neurology training and see a high volume of both bread and butter and the odd stuff.

UVa is a totally an under-rated program in my opinion. The residents and faculty are some of the friendliest and down-to-earth people I've come across on the interview trail and the commitment to teaching is apparent. Overall a great place.