Uvm!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SurgeonUFO

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My status page just changed to:

Dear Me:

Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. We will be contacting you shortly regarding the status of your application.

You can view your supplemental application by clicking here.

I interviewed on 1/23 -- any clue what this means?:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on 1/18 and I still have the "hope you enjoyed your interview" note. Are you in-state or out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 1/9 and saw that I have the same message today also, even though they told us that we would not hear until the END of Feb.

oh, I am OOS.

My status page just changed to:

Dear Me:

Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. We will be contacting you shortly regarding the status of your application.

You can view your supplemental application by clicking here.

I interviewed on 1/23 -- any clue what this means?:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

I had this message...what seems like a lifetime ago (mid-late oct)...

They told me via email that they were waiting for the dean to sign the letters before they made an announcement...so it looks like you will know your fate within a week from now (as I did).

good luck, hope you can join me :D

I got this also... did anyone get this that didn't get an acceptance? (Im OOS-NY)

i too got this message. im an OOS as well -- what do you think this means?!

i too got this message. im an OOS as well -- what do you think this means?!

I was waitlisted initially after this message...and accepted 2 weeks later...weird :confused:

Unlike dec folks who were waitlisted for a day and accepted a day later...i was waitlisted for sure because I even got a waitlist letter via snail mail too! donno why they accepted me 2 weeks later, but I am thankful they did.

I interviewed on 1/23 as well. My page still reads under review. I am OOS.

Not for me, same message still there.

Same message for me...
I'm assuming it'll stay that way 'till Mon / Tues...

Just changed...

Waitlist. Hopefully I'll hear before May 15th...:confused: :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlist for me too, just changed. Oh well, still better than a reject:D

during dec round of acceptance...everyone was waitlisted and accepted a day or two after.

during dec round of acceptance...everyone was waitlisted and accepted a day or two after.

So, does this mean that there is a chance of acceptance before May 15th? Hmm...

So, does this mean that there is a chance of acceptance before May 15th? Hmm...

Yes.

During Dec rounds of acceptance: EVERYONE was waitlisted for a day and those who were fortunate were then accepted the FOLLOWING day. (In-state and OOS)

During October rounds of acceptnace: EVERYONE was waitlisted. Then ppl were accepted after 1-3 weeks. (In-state and OOS).

I donno why they do this...

I presume the REAL waitlist doesnt move till May 15th though. So there is a good chance even though you are waitlisted you will find out the next couple days whether you were REALLY waitlisted or not. lol

Yes.

During Dec rounds of acceptance: EVERYONE was waitlisted for a day and those who were fortunate were then accepted the FOLLOWING day. (In-state and OOS)

During October rounds of acceptnace: EVERYONE was waitlisted. Then ppl were accepted after 1-3 weeks. (In-state and OOS).

I donno why they do this...

I presume the REAL waitlist doesnt move till May 15th though. So there is a good chance even though you are waitlisted you will find out the next couple days whether you were REALLY waitlisted or not. lol

LOL thanks, we will see how it goes!

Hi all,

I've been following this thread, and also recieved the same message a few days ago. I was wondering if anyone knows more about the process as a Maine (FAME) applicant? Here is the message a got today:

"We are pleased to inform you that your name has been placed on the waitlist of qualified/alternate M.D. candidates for the Maine Access Program. All Maine Access candidates are placed on this list until early spring, when we receive recommendations from the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME).
Once we have received the recommendations of the Maine Access Program in February we will make our first round of selections from the Maine Access waitlist of qualified/alternate candidates. If you are offered an acceptance during this first round of offers you will be contacted in late February. All others will remain on the waitlist of qualified/alternate candidates until spaces become available."

So basically this tells me nothing, if everyone gets on the FAME waitlist? Something I don't understand is that I found out whether or not I was recommended by FAME about a month ago, yet UVM is saying they have yet to recieve the recommendations from FAME. If anyone has any thoughts or is going through FAME as well, feedback would be great

I was also put on the waitlist...guess we will have to check again tomorrow!

I was also put on the waitlist...guess we will have to check again tomorrow!

Their admissions process is so strange, oh well we will see how this goes!

Hi all,

I've been following this thread, and also recieved the same message a few days ago. I was wondering if anyone knows more about the process as a Maine (FAME) applicant? Here is the message a got today:

"We are pleased to inform you that your name has been placed on the waitlist of qualified/alternate M.D. candidates for the Maine Access Program. All Maine Access candidates are placed on this list until early spring, when we receive recommendations from the Finance Authority of Maine (FAME).
Once we have received the recommendations of the Maine Access Program in February we will make our first round of selections from the Maine Access waitlist of qualified/alternate candidates. If you are offered an acceptance during this first round of offers you will be contacted in late February. All others will remain on the waitlist of qualified/alternate candidates until spaces become available."

So basically this tells me nothing, if everyone gets on the FAME waitlist? Something I don't understand is that I found out whether or not I was recommended by FAME about a month ago, yet UVM is saying they have yet to recieve the recommendations from FAME. If anyone has any thoughts or is going through FAME as well, feedback would be great

call the school up...

there are only a handful of ppl that apply as a Maine resident, chances they also use SDN are minimum...

Waitlist for me also... Im OOS.

Is anybody ever accepted to this school, lol?:laugh:

waitlisted for me too (OOS). It's frustrating to not know if you're really waitlisted or if you'll find out about an acceptance a couple days later. It's worse than getting no status update!

are still getting the "you are in a pool of applicants" status update. It seems some of these people eventually get interviews, but I havent done an exhaustive study on the threads to find out what % approximately. Also not sure if OOS vs IS makes any difference regarding this update.

Any ideas from those of you who interviewed?

now my status page link isn't working! Somehow this doesn't strike me as a good sign.

I think their site is just down right now... I had the "pool of applicants" status page before my interview, but i had a friend that had the same thing and recieved a rejection... so who knows.

Hi all,

I am also a FAME applicant and got this message today. The FAME recommendations were given to the schools on January 19th - the same day that we received them.

I was told by Mary Campbell at UVM that the admissions committee will be reviewing all FAME applications together in mid-February and that applicants would be notified in late February of their status. She said to call the office again if I have not heard anything by March 1st.

Hope this helps.

In addition...I think that I remember the admissions folks saying that after they received the recommendations, the FAME candidates would either be placed on the waitlist or be rejected - but would not be accepted until the committee met to review the FAME applications specifically (mid-Feb).

I think that I am remembering correctly b/c I thought the automatic waitlist prior to acceptance was strange, but we should know more soon.

Any news? Or is all quiet on the, er, Eastern Front?

thanks for the info, gipper. i did find out about being recommended jan 19th as well, but from then until recently my status page was "thanks for interviewing with us." i got excited when the page changed to "we reviewed your application" last week, and thought a final decision was made. following this, i got the "FAME waitlist that's not a real waitlist" notification. i guess there isn't much to do but wait a few more weeks, i'll let you know if my status changes in the meantime. i don't feel like i completely understand the whole FAME process, or what the chances really are if you are recommended. i guess the end of feb we'll know more, thanks again!

bump...anythin' yet? Hoping to see more students joining me next year :thumbup:

No change today, but there's that evil storm wrecking the northeast...all classes were cancelled here today, and I'm a few hours south of Burlington. Vermont got hit hard, too, from what I hear....

No change today, but there's that evil storm wrecking the northeast...all classes were cancelled here today, and I'm a few hours south of Burlington. Vermont got hit hard, too, from what I hear....

I live about 40 minutes (on a normal day) from Burlington and we are still getting pounded with snow. We've received over 2.5 feet in the last 24 hours, and it sounds like we could get another foot overnight... So, I guess this storm makes up for the snow we never received in November and December.

Sigh, if only the plow trucks could keep up with the snowfall...

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear from UVM. Perhaps I'll see some of you in class in August.

Yesterday I received a pre-interview rejection.

If I'm not mistaken, lots of people receive pre-interview holds.

I wonder what this says about my application!

Almost a week and no change for me, I really hope I won't be checking that stupid status page 20 times a day every day until May 15th.

Still waitlist for me as well. The waiting game continues.

Still waitlist for me as well. The waiting game continues.

Hopefully this week brings a round of acceptances...I dont think anyone on SDN has reported an acceptance yet during feb round of decisions. This is only good news for those patiently waiting to hear who just got waitlisted. I can only presume they accept at least some ppl every decision meeting. It's tough for me to imagine UVM not accepting SurgeonUFO, with his awesome stats and in-state status.

Waitlist for me too after a weel. And the waiting continues, lol

I was waitlisted back in dec. Does anyone know how quickly the waitlist moves in may? Those of us who aren't accepted a few weeks after being waitlisted and are indeed honorary waitlisters...do people get moved off the list before may...or does it just start rolling in may?

thanks for the info, gipper. i did find out about being recommended jan 19th as well, but from then until recently my status page was "thanks for interviewing with us." i got excited when the page changed to "we reviewed your application" last week, and thought a final decision was made. following this, i got the "FAME waitlist that's not a real waitlist" notification. i guess there isn't much to do but wait a few more weeks, i'll let you know if my status changes in the meantime. i don't feel like i completely understand the whole FAME process, or what the chances really are if you are recommended. i guess the end of feb we'll know more, thanks again!

Waiting is so hard. When do you think that "late February" is exactly? I wish we'd hear sooner but my guess is that we will hear something at the beginning of next week (the very end of February). Sigh.

I was waitlisted back in dec. Does anyone know how quickly the waitlist moves in may? Those of us who aren't accepted a few weeks after being waitlisted and are indeed honorary waitlisters...do people get moved off the list before may...or does it just start rolling in may?

i'd also like to know this...i can't really wait until may to know!

Check your status page, guys. I was waitlisted a little more than a week ago, and my status just changed to acceptance

Check your status page, guys. I was waitlisted a little more than a week ago, and my status just changed to acceptance

i got accepted in Nov. And I am still nervous for all of you :p. good luck

Just checked my status page, and after being waitlisted in December, I finally got accepted today.