Uvm!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Still waitlisted :[

Members don't see this ad.

DANG. I got my hopes up, then it still says "out of state waitlist". THe wait from december until may is going to be interminable.

Members don't see this ad :)
Couldn't they call it something more promising like the "almosthere list"....wait list just seems so...wait like.

Did anyone interview in late January and get accepted? I am still on the waitlist....

Whats the chance of movement before May? Once a month, we think?

Yesterday I received a pre-interview rejection.

If I'm not mistaken, lots of people receive pre-interview holds.

I wonder what this says about my application!

I'm still in the "pool of applicants that might get an interview."

Any clue from those who interviewed, or anyone else, how long I might need to wait before I can either have a chance or scratch another school from the list?

thx! :D

Still waiting...I talked with Mary today and she said that the committee was meeting to discuss the Maine candidates today (I am one of those...) but no change in status yet...

Tomorrow AM...hopefully...

Every morning when I wake up, the UVM status page is the first thing I check. And every morning it's still a waitlist. :(

Still waiting...I talked with Mary today and she said that the committee was meeting to discuss the Maine candidates today (I am one of those...) but no change in status yet...

Tomorrow AM...hopefully...

Or have they decided they've seen enough of those peeps?

Has the instate waitlist moved at all. I've been watching the threads and people have mentioned that the waitlist is moving...but are any instaters getting in? Just curious. Yeah...i'm instate.

On a similar note- have you all been calling alot? I know UVM appreciates when you let them know that you are interested, but I don't want to be obnoxious. I wrote the letter of intent...

On a similar note- have you all been calling alot? I know UVM appreciates when you let them know that you are interested, but I don't want to be obnoxious. I wrote the letter of intent...

I was reading another thread, and someone posted that all decisions for feb interviews through April 5th will be done at the same time, probably after the april 5th interview date. So for those waiting on the waitlist or otherwise, dont expect things to change till mid april the latest.

good luck.

I was reading another thread, and someone posted that all decisions for feb interviews through April 5th will be done at the same time, probably after the april 5th interview date.
That's gotta be one heck of a long meeting...

Members don't see this ad :)
That's gotta be one heck of a long meeting...

i think it has to do with the bad weather conditions, lots of ppl probably had to reschedule. To make things fair I guess they decided to review all the applicants at once... ya but you are right...it's gonna be one LONG meeting.

any word for FAME applicants? I'm still on the waitlist...

I talked to Mary on Friday. Some (but not all) offers have been made and some of those offers have been declined. For now, I too remain on the waitlist. She only said that the waitlist for FAME candidates is shorter and does move. She didn't really have any clear idea of when it might move or when/if the FAME candidates are re-evaluated, etc.

Fingers (still) crossed.

Hey guys,
I just got my first acceptance on Friday and am debating whether to cancel my UVM interview that's scheduled for next week. Since it's already March, I don't know what the odds are to get an acceptance plus I'm OOS. What do you guys think?? I want to decide soon since maybe they'll have time to give my inteview spot to someone else, or someone on SDN can call and move up to an earlier interview date.

Has there been any movement on the UVM waitlist? Either additions to, acceptances or rejections from? Or are we waiting until mid-April like has been suggested...

Also, I've now got my EMT-B and am working a regular shift at an ambulance garage, should I send them an e-mail to tell them this? I already wrote a letter of intent...

Nope, no movement here either

still waitlisted as well (interviewed in jan)

"We have reviewed your application and regret to inform you that we cannot act favorably on your request for admission. We receive a large number of applications but have a very limited number of places in the first year class. It is necessary for us to make some decisions based on the careful review of the complete application file.

You may wish to consult with your pre-medical advisor or career counselor for assistance in evaluation of your file and the appropriate next steps.

We appreciate your interest in the University of Vermont and wish you success in the future.

You can view your supplemental application by clicking here."

Last updated on 3/20/2007

I'm sorry to hear it, Karen. When did you interview?

Hope you have some other satisfying options out there...

Waiting for May is such a long time! I would give my left kidney to go there.....

For those accepted, does anyone know how financial aid works? I filed and sent my FAFSA back in Jan. but are there additional forms that we need to fill out? I don't recall the financial aid lady saying anything about the amount that UVM gives out each year in grants/scholarships. Anyone have this figure? I imagine that instate students get the bulk of this money.

Has anyone gotten confirmation as to when the next admissions meeting is? I've heard mid-April, but was wondering if anyone had an actual date?

still waiting for an interview....swim swim swim, in the stagnant "pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended." The stench of algae is becoming overbearing.

still waiting for an interview....swim swim swim, in the stagnant "pool of applicants from which an interview may be extended." The stench of algae is becoming overbearing.

I'm in that stinky pool too. I called UVM late last week to express my continued interest and found out that the last of the interviews are this week and next, though it sounded like they are still issuing invitations. (Not many, I suppose.) I think the pool's about to dry up with me in it.

I am glad to see the UVM thread again... I interviewed in February. When is the next Adcom meeting? Anyone?

I am glad to see the UVM thread again... I interviewed in February. When is the next Adcom meeting? Anyone?

UVM moved up a bit in the USNEWS 2008 Ranking. This year UVM is ranked in the top 60 in research (#59) and is now in top 10 in primary care rankings (#7).

Now for the stats I bet everyone here is waiting for:

2008 USNEWS stats (for the 2006 class):

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 5,440 621 209 107
In-state: 83 59 40 34
Out-of-state: 5,357 562 169 73
Women: 595 316 114 62
Minorities: 1,589 105 33 15
International: 320 19 10 5

Good luck everyone. April 15th is coming up pretty soon...

where are you guys getting the 2008 rankings from? is this some kind of SDN secret?
edit:
eh never mind.

Good luck everyone. April 15th is coming up pretty soon...[/quote]

Wait- whats happening in April???

Wait- whats happening in April???
On April 12th, the adcom meets again to make decisions on all applicants since the early February adcom meeting. Is there expected to be some sort of waitlist movement as well?

On April 12th, the adcom meets again to make decisions on all applicants since the early February adcom meeting. Is there expected to be some sort of waitlist movement as well?

Looking at some previous years threads, I have noticed that waitlist does indeed move every time they meet. But I presume this depends on how many people they accepted in the prior meetings decided to withdraw and how the students from this interview cycle (Feb-April) performed with the rest. But traditionally most of waitlist movement it seems would occur after the second look (may 4th). especially in-state I would think...

how certain are we about the April 12 date? How do we know if that is the date the ADCOM is meeting? As you can tell I am very anxious about hearing from UVM. I interviewed in late Feb and I loved that place!!!

how certain are we about the April 12 date? How do we know if that is the date the ADCOM is meeting? As you can tell I am very anxious about hearing from UVM. I interviewed in late Feb and I loved that place!!!

I know a friend who is waiting eagerly also. She called up the school, and Mary told her that her file is going to be reviewed sometime this week (April 9th-13th). I imagine most of you will find out via status page NEXT monday/tuesday.

So, I checked my status page today and it changed to:

Dear XXXXX:

Your file has been reviewed by the Admissions Committee. We will be contacting you shortly regarding the status of your application.

Last updated on 4/11/2007

So, I called Mary Campbell in the admissions office and she confirmed that decisions are being made today, tomorrow, and thursday regarding UVM COM applicants. She told me to check my status page this Friday, however, the final decision may not be up until Monday. Just thought you all would want to know. Good Luck!

so I got an acceptance email from UVM admissions today at about 1 PM! I'm in-state, and interviewed in early March. Good luck to everyone!

congrats congrats!!!! i have the same new msg on my status page....i'm adding my well wishes to everyone still waiting to hear back from uvm....hope everyone here gets good news this week!!!!!!! :luck: :luck: :luck:

Mine still shows the "We hope you enjoyed the interview day..."

They must be having a total admissions-fest in Burlington this week. Crossing fingers!

Mine still shows the "We hope you enjoyed the interview day..."

They must be having a total admissions-fest in Burlington this week. Crossing fingers!

interviewed at the beginning of april....checked status page this morning....was put on the out-of-area waitlist....get to do a little more waiting :rolleyes:

good luck to those still waiting to hear news....and congrats to all of the acceptances!!!! uvm is a beautiful school to learn medicine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Awwwwwwww! Waitlisted. Any knowledge on wait list movement at UVM? Is the wait list based on when we interviewed or what?

Out of area waitlist as well.

Out of area waitlist as well.

Strike that. I was waitlisted for about two hours. Then I got an email saying I've been accepted!! Woo!!

This is going to be a really hard decision. But a lucky problem to have!

Strike that. I was waitlisted for about two hours. Then I got an email saying I've been accepted!! Woo!!

OMG!!!! insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you totally rock reverend doc!!!!! :D
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, this process makes me laugh! :laugh:

OMG!!!! insane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you totally rock reverend doc!!!!! :D
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg, this process makes me laugh! :laugh:

I know, isn't it ridiculous?! :D Thanks for the congrats, barcelona!!

May you have good luck, too!! :luck:

Congrats reverend doc!!! :)

Congrats Rev Doc!!:D

Thanks, soccergl and oschemi! Good luck to you both, too!