1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

UW and residency

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by strider, Jun 21, 2001.

1. strider

strider Member
    10+ Year Member

Hello all....new to the boards.

Wondering if anyone out there is getting into UW without residency in the WAMI states. It's my first choice. I'm in the military, but am a resident of CA. Opinions are great, but a RL story would be better. Thanks guys and girls....and keep smiling.

Strider

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Toadkiller Dog

Toadkiller Dog Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Unless you are a minority or are applying as an MSTP student, UW basically advises that you not waste your time.

I applied as a member of a WWAMI state, and I didn't get in. Although I am attending elsewhere, this surprised me (I was admitted to 3 other schools and turned down 2 other interviews). I also was not very impressed with certain aspects of the school, and I let them know this (probably one of the reasons I didn't get in).

Again, unless you are applying as an MSTP or are a minority, your app will most likely get filed straight to the garbage.

4. strider

strider Member
    10+ Year Member