UW Cardio questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

-Goose-

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think they are especially hard? (Relative to the other organ systems...)

Members don't see this ad.

Funny you say that. I actually just got done with a random 50q block and was thinking the exact same thing as I was going over the questions. I always felt like cardio was one of my strongest organ systems, but it's proving to be one of my lower scores. The cardio on the NBME's has been much easier though, from the ones that I've taken so far.

Especially those questions that force you to identify a NEW sign of a murmur. First time I saw one of those I had no clue what the question was asking. For some reason the questions about the main COMPENSATORY mechanism for a certain valvular abnormality stump the hell out of me. I see an answer, think it's a result of it and not compensation for it, think it's wrong and pick something else, lo and behold that's the answer. Not gonna make the same mistakes again.

YES! glad others feel the same way. cardio's always been my best subject as well. i got a star for cardio on both nbme's that i took, but it's one of my worst subjects on uw. some of those cardiac function curve questions are a bit on the sadistic side...

I completely agree. I've always been strong in cardio, got the star in NBME, and I get obliterated by Uworld cardio. When a cardio question pops up, my heart sinks. That only used to happen with biostats questions. I do agree that NBMEs cardio questions were so much more straighforward. i feel that some of uworld's cardio questions would challenge a cardiologist.