UW is messing with my mind!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hj0517

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just started it - anyone else found this or is it just me?

I'm finding that I'm questioning what I know to the nth degree so much so that when there is an easy question such as HOCM I'm like hold on? ..can it be?!?

I don't remember this happening during step 1 prep however long ago that was!

All I know is I thought I know more than I do!

Members don't see this ad.

UW for step 2 is making me second guess myself a lot. I didn't seem to second guess as much with UW for step 1. I'm 50% through UW and I'm still finding myself second guessing myself and changing my initial (right) answer to a wrong one. I need to pull it together and quit overthinking the questions.

I thought Step 2 was pretty straightforward without a lot of really tricky questions. I didn't really feel like they were playing games with me. If you think it's the right answer, don't pick anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried pretty hard to pick my initial gut feeling without trying to read into the questions too much today and got my scores back into the 60's again. However, I run into a UW question every once in a while that is fairly tricky and nit picky, but those are usually the ones that only 13%-20% of the people get correct.

UW for step 2 is making me second guess myself a lot. I didn't seem to second guess as much with UW for step 1. I'm 50% through UW and I'm still finding myself second guessing myself and changing my initial (right) answer to a wrong one. I need to pull it together and quit overthinking the questions.

You should try doing UW in Tutor mode. It's much better and more useful overall for the test than a timed mode or untimed mode.

You should try doing UW in Tutor mode. It's much better and more useful overall for the test than a timed mode or untimed mode.

That's good to hear that you find tutor useful because that's what I have been doing for step 2. I was kind of worried to do tutor because a lot of people use only timed/random. For Step 1 I did all timed/random, but I'm using tutor mode for step 2. I like that I get real time feedback and I think it helps the answers stick since my thoughts are fresh as to why I chose a particular answer. I will do timed sections when I'm a couple months away from the exam to make sure my timing is up to speed. :xf:

Just started it - anyone else found this or is it just me?

I'm finding that I'm questioning what I know to the nth degree so much so that when there is an easy question such as HOCM I'm like hold on? ..can it be?!?

I don't remember this happening during step 1 prep however long ago that was!

All I know is I thought I know more than I do!

WAWAWAWAAAAAAA:laugh:

...good one guyton - sdn's equivalent of doogie howser

Prowler you are definitely right, my initial post was a knee jerk from 2 or 3 blocks of UW. 15 blocks in its much more straightforward now that I'm in 'test taking' mode.