UW-Madison or Purdue for PharmD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kam22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am very fortunate that I can say I was accepted to both Purdue and UW-Madison for the 2016 PharmD program! I currently attend UW-Madison, and have been familiar with the SoP for many years; however, I also love what Purdue has to offer. Being out of state for both, I realize how lucky I am to be accepted into both programs.

Both are top notch schools and I am having trouble deciding which to attend!

Does anyone have any anecdotal experience at either school that they want to share?

Members don't see this ad.

Uw Madison I believe has a cheaper out of state Tuition. Location wise Madison is also Better. It is the capital city of Wisconsin. It's also a very close drive to Chicago, one of biggest metropolitan city.
Unfortunately, I do not know much about the program and curriculum. Purdue might be more selective in their admission.i got rejected by Purdue without an interview, however offer an interview at Uw Madison (declined). Both are great program. Congrat on ur acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Uw Madison I believe has a cheaper out of state Tuition. Location wise Madison is also Better. It is the capital city of Wisconsin. It's also a very close drive to Chicago, one of biggest metropolitan city.
Unfortunately, I do not know much about the program and curriculum. Purdue might be more selective in their admission.i got rejected by Purdue without an interview, however offer an interview at Uw Madison (declined). Both are great program. Congrat on ur acceptance

Thanks for your reply! I know a lot about UW, but it is Purdue's curriculum I do not know much about. I believe both score highly on the NAPLEX and other exams, but I'll look into the curriculum more. I am leaning more towards UW, but Purdue also is a great school and I feel fortune to be offered admission and feel I will be missing a great opportunity if I reject the offer.
Anyone know about their alumni networking? or IPPE/APPE program around Indiana? Or general thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)