UW-Milwaukee January Deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

distance18

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone heard back from UW-Milwaukee that applied for the January 15th deadline? I e-mailed them at the end of February asking when we would find out and they told me they were still reviewing the applications and would send out decision letters sometime in march... I feel like I have been waiting for an eternity!
 
I was accepted into the program from the Early Decision deadline. I haven't heard much of any information from them. I'm anxiously awaiting starting dates, and what we all need to do before matriculation!
 
In my opinion it is in your best interest to apply to other programs. This program is still quite new and just like any other new program.... You have been warned
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In my opinion it is in your best interest to apply to other programs. This program is still quite new and just like any other new program.... You have been warned

I wouldn't be so hard on the program. For 2 years already now they've had a 100% first-time pass rate. I know that it's still a new program but it was modelled after the UW-Madison one exactly.

One thing that UWM does before you graduate is take a mock boards exam, and I think I heard that you have to pass it to graduate.. so that's a good thing, right? 😛

Anyway, they finally gave concrete information today for anyone else that was accepted! Check your emails!
 
The reason the UW Milwaukee PT program has a 100% pass rate is because they are more worried about the pass rate and how they will be perceived by the public then they are for their students and their educational well being. The faculty are only looking out for themselves and just like any other business they are willing to do whatever it takes to get the numbers they want.

Also, your statement that the program was modeled after UW-Madison is false. The program was originally modeled after UW-La Crosse but has been changing courses/material ever since. Honestly, the biggest weakness of the program, other than their complete disregard to ensuring the students educational well being, is the
limited credentials and experience of their faculty, many of which are learning from their mistakes at the expense of the students.

While it is a great thing to have students complete mock board exams to help them prepare, the students get as many chances as they need to be successful. So what is it really testing? Your knowledge or your ability to remember questions from previous exams and talk with other students

In the end if you have a choice go with a reputable establishment. It is just like shopping, do you purchase the car that has been around for 10 years and has a great reliability/track record or the car that just came out and no one knows anything about?
 
The reason the UW Milwaukee PT program has a 100% pass rate is because they are more worried about the pass rate and how they will be perceived by the public then they are for their students and their educational well being. The faculty are only looking out for themselves and just like any other business they are willing to do whatever it takes to get the numbers they want.

Also, your statement that the program was modeled after UW-Madison is false. The program was originally modeled after UW-La Crosse but has been changing courses/material ever since. Honestly, the biggest weakness of the program, other than their complete disregard to ensuring the students educational well being, is the
limited credentials and experience of their faculty, many of which are learning from their mistakes at the expense of the students.

While it is a great thing to have students complete mock board exams to help them prepare, the students get as many chances as they need to be successful. So what is it really testing? Your knowledge or your ability to remember questions from previous exams and talk with other students

In the end if you have a choice go with a reputable establishment. It is just like shopping, do you purchase the car that has been around for 10 years and has a great reliability/track record or the car that just came out and no one knows anything about?

Hey, I'm just trying to defend the program that I chose and I hope everything turns out well in the end. How do you know so much about this? Did you go there and transfer?