UW Pre-residency Ocular Pathology Fellowship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UW Path Lab

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
As we are entering into the season of interviews, I know many current and future applicants have begun to think about what they can do to improve their CV and increase their chances of matching. The pre-residency ocular pathology fellowship at the University of Wisconsin in Madison provides an excellent opportunity to advance your knowledge and experience in the field of ophthalmology. There is ample opportunity for research as well as general case reports and photo submissions to journals. As a current fellow, I can say without hesitation that the training I am receiving has placed me in the best position for matching during the current cycle as it has for fellows in past years. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions about the fellowship!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

The SF Match results came out today and for many it may be time to celebrate and for others it is simply a roadblock to overcome. Being a pre-resident ocular pathology fellow at UW who didn't match last year but fortunately secured a residency spot this year, I know how both sides feel. My co pre-resident and I both just got the good news this AM and we are writing to say that we would highly recommend an ocular pathology fellowship here at UW as an option for those who want to give it another go and show their dedication to the field and reapply. Dr. Heather Potter (our PI) and the whole lab has been really supportive over the last 7 months or so since we moved out here to Madison--allowing us to travel for interviews, supporting our application with LORs and putting us in contact with ophthalmologists familiar with programs who can then vouch for us. If you are interested, we invite you to apply as we will look to fill our pre-resident spots within a few weeks. See http://medicine.utah.edu/ophthalmology/education/residency/pre-residency-fellowships.php for details.

Thanks and good luck to all!

-UW Ocular Pathology Lab

Hello all,

The SF Match results came out today and for many it may be time to celebrate and for others it is simply a roadblock to overcome. Being a pre-resident ocular pathology fellow at UW who didn't match last year but fortunately secured a residency spot this year, I know how both sides feel. My co pre-resident and I both just got the good news this AM and we are writing to say that we would highly recommend an ocular pathology fellowship here at UW as an option for those who want to give it another go and show their dedication to the field and reapply. Dr. Heather Potter (our PI) and the whole lab has been really supportive over the last 7 months or so since we moved out here to Madison--allowing us to travel for interviews, supporting our application with LORs and putting us in contact with ophthalmologists familiar with programs who can then vouch for us. If you are interested, we invite you to apply as we will look to fill our pre-resident spots within a few weeks. See http://medicine.utah.edu/ophthalmology/education/residency/pre-residency-fellowships.php for details.

Thanks and good luck to all!

-UW Ocular Pathology Lab
Are the two positions still available for 2017-2018

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Yes the 2 pre-resident fellowship positions are available to start July 2017 (and earlier if possible) until June 2018.

-UW Ocular Pathology Lab

Hello all,

Congrats today to everyone who received good news this morning from SF Match and to those who did not, do not despair. My co-fellow and I were in your shoes last year and were fortunately both successful this year with the support of our awesome PI Dr. Heather Potter and the experience we've gained this year as pre-resident ocular pathology fellows.

We highly recommend our fellowship to anyone who is interested in not only improving their CV to increase their chances of matching but also gaining knowledge and experience that will be of great benefit during your residency. I can say without hesitation that I've learned volumes from this experience and will be forever grateful for having been a fellow.

Should you be interested, we invite you to apply as we look to fill our pre-resident positions in the coming weeks. See the link in the above post for more details on our program and how to apply. Should you have any questions you can contact us at the email above. (SDN is not letting us put links in this post for some odd reason).

Thanks!

- UW Ocular Path Lab

Thanks for this post!
I may be late, but is this a paid position? Where do fellows of this position usually match?

Thanks for this post!
I may be late, but is this a paid position? Where do fellows of this position usually match?

Hello SamSam1234,

We have finished interviewing for paid positions that would begin in 2018.

- UW Ocular Path Lab

Hello,

Yes the 2 pre-resident fellowship positions are available to start July 2017 (and earlier if possible) until June 2018.

-UW Ocular Pathology Lab
Hi there! How can we become a more competitive applicant for this pre-residency fellowship and when do they start accepting applications?