UWash MSTP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

durfen

I see plans within plans
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think about it?
I'm mainly in computer science, medical informatics, medical imaging research, so a great 'wet' lab isn't a plus :).

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a mathematics major, interested in dynamic systems modeling (if I met any of you in the interviews and you didn't make the connection yet, you probably know who I am now! :) ). I too am not so interested in a wet lab necessarily.

Arguments can be made that UofWashington is the absolute best place to go for mathematical biology. They have ~20 faculty members studying in this niche area, far more than the next best (probably UMichigan, with about 8). A few of these guys are bioinformatics.

I really don't think that UofW is a powerhouse in medical imaging, though I'm not certain. I know that both Yale and WashU are very strong in this area, though I'm sure there are more.

Members don't see this ad :)
i didn't get the call yesterday... wonder if anyone got it...
still hoping that it might come today, but i feel the chance of it happening is so low...

well... i just got the WL email... still hopeful...

Check your status pages!

UW MSTP acceptance!

you didn't get a phone call first?

Maureen said I will at some point. Maybe tomorrow. The pdf version of the letter is on the correspondence section of the website (left side). That's one organized website.

Anybody going to the revisit? If so what's your plan?