UWorld for General Physiology in med school classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

enantio1988

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I'm considering purchasing UWorld QBank to supplement my general physiology class (not systems physiology) in my first semester of med school. Does UWorld have general physiology practice questions, or are they all systems based? Considering whether I should wait a few months until we get to systems before purchasing QBank. All advice is appreciated; thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It's systems based. Just wait. Honestly you can probably get by with a 3 month subscription before you take the test

Don't do it. Just get Costanzo (big book, not BRS version of it). This is currently my boi.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Guyton and Hall physio review is a good source of physio questions that would be 100X more relevant than uworld for a basic physio class (and a lot cheaper).

Reactions: 1 user
BRS physio is a pretty solid supplement

Yeah I think you'll find that UWorld has too many integrations across subjects to be a good use of your time at this point. Add to that the questions are pretty long and will take much longer to do than other more focused resources. BRS physio is clutch and one of the few books from med school I still keep on a shelf - there are questions at the end of each chapter. PreTest Physiology is arguably the best offering in their pre-clinical line. I never tried the Guyton book - either it wasn't out yet when I was a first year or I just never heard of it.

The Guyton review book is fantastic, especially if that's your textbook for class. I also love the Guyton pocket "baby book"-- it hits the high points and you can get through it efficiently.

Reactions: 1 user