COMLEX Uworld for Level 2?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

as90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am about 75% done with Uworld. I have been using it throughout the year to prepare for shelf exams and found it great but a lot of the stuff has atrophied from one shelf to the next. For example, pediatrics was my first rotation of the year, so I went ahead and did like most of the Uworld questions on it and got like 50% cumulative.

I have gotten a 45% on uworld total so far and feel like I have forgotten a substantial amount of info (next best step wise). I also did the NBME 6 exam & did quite horrible on it, which is why I am probably not going to take Step 2CK and instead only take COMLEX Level II (did not take USMLE step 1 by the way).

I was wondering if you guys would suggest finishing up Uworld (25% remaining) and repeat it for a second round. Or would I be better off doing an easier qbank like COMQUEST or COMBANK for level 2CE?

I have 1 month till I take COMLEX 2 CE & I feel like I just need a nice consolidated resource I am also using Step Up to Step 2CK.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit scattered but I was just wondering if there is any use in doing Uworld 2X & how I should be using it in the minimal time I have left.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,
I am about 75% done with Uworld. I have been using it throughout the year to prepare for shelf exams and found it great but a lot of the stuff has atrophied from one shelf to the next. For example, pediatrics was my first rotation of the year, so I went ahead and did like most of the Uworld questions on it and got like 50% cumulative.

I have gotten a 45% on uworld total so far and feel like I have forgotten a substantial amount of info (next best step wise). I also did the NBME 6 exam & did quite horrible on it, which is why I am probably not going to take Step 2CK and instead only take COMLEX Level II (did not take USMLE step 1 by the way).

I was wondering if you guys would suggest finishing up Uworld (25% remaining) and repeat it for a second round. Or would I be better off doing an easier qbank like COMQUEST or COMBANK for level 2CE?

I have 1 month till I take COMLEX 2 CE & I feel like I just need a nice consolidated resource I am also using Step Up to Step 2CK.

Sorry if this post sounds a bit scattered but I was just wondering if there is any use in doing Uworld 2X & how I should be using it in the minimal time I have left.

Thanks in advance
Having already taken USMLE Step 2 CK and a Comsae, I can ASSURE you that it will be worthwhile going through Uworld a second time, especially since you did Uworld for each clerkship (I did this as well and repeated Uworld for step 2). Even though you'll be taking comlex only, do Uworld a second time! I found that the level of difficulty between world vs (comsae/combank) was very wide and you'll cruise through your comlex bank (combank or comquest, doesn't matter, choose one), comsae, and score well on comlex ce. This was my same approach to step 1 (Uworld 2x, USMLE, conquest 1x, then Comlex) and I felt very prepared for Comlex! Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply. I almost finished Uworld today and I am just wondering what type of assessment I should take to give myself a good picture of my score. I did the Uworld Self Assessment got a 209 before studying. Then took NBME 16 and got a low score (didn't pass).

Thinking about taking NBME 4. Also, my COMLEX is before my Step 1.