UWorld

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glsknl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i am getting 49%ile on uworld. i did all the tests random, timed (6 tests left). my lowest is 40% with most tests around the mean (54%). where does that put me (3-digit score)? i know it is not an sdn-worthy score, but i do hope to get some input and recommendations from those of you who have done well.

will i even pass? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

dont stress too much on the uworld percentile!
how far along or how much more time you have left to study?
50% easily puts you above the passing, you just need a little more push to get a stellar score

Members don't see this ad :)
dont stress too much on the uworld percentile!
how far along or how much more time you have left to study?
50% easily puts you above the passing, you just need a little more push to get a stellar score

doc20,

i still havent set a date. i just wanna take the tes, but with such a poor performance..... i feel like i am guessing most of the test. in fact if i were to mark questions that i have doubts about, that would be 47-48 questions of 48.

i am sorry, but 50% of the answered questions on any test in my school is a solid F, so why do you say i will pass? my average is 54, but my scores often go as low as 40. given that there is no guarantee about what i will be asked isnt it an exceptionally bad performance?

also what is stellar? i just assumed that sdn is for supernerds. someone saying stellar here? clarify stellar, if you dont mind.

any other opinions?

thanks.

to check your approx score do one of the NBME's, timed, probably do the "easy" one (form 1)
& see which area needs most improvement or if you need a general review.

Did you buy the USMLEWorld practice tests? I know that 49% on the first one is equivalent to a 192 according to USMLEWorld. So chin-up, study hard, and I think you'll be pleasantly supprized by what type of score you'll earn on the real thing.

The missing part of that web address is clinicalreview dot com

Zona,

awesome site. i really appreciaate your helping me out. sorry for being cynical, but do you know of anyone using their products. i have never even heard of them.

Last edited:
Did you buy the USMLEWorld practice tests? I know that 49% on the first one is equivalent to a 192 according to USMLEWorld. So chin-up, study hard, and I think you'll be pleasantly supprized by what type of score you'll earn on the real thing.

i did the whole q-bank (6 tests of 48 questions left) random, timed. so i am not talking about the assessment. after almost every test i quickly breezed over the educational objective - literally breezed over in a second.

to check your approx score do one of the NBME's, timed, probably do the "easy" one (form 1)
& see which area needs most improvement or if you need a general review.

i did the form 1 but as i mentioned, my fear is primarily becuase i really AM guessing my way through literally 47 of 48 questions in the uworld. less on the form one. form one is statistically closer to the real thing maybe, but it is way too easy for the real test if uworld is what the real thing is.

no kidding - guessing my way through the whole thing. i mean i really do not know almost any answers.

I don't personally know anyone who has used their stuff.

What strategy have you been using to prepare? It sounds like you need another run through with the review books & FA. This time around you should do some UW questions after every subject/system you finish to help you reinforce the concepts.

hey zona,

no particular strategy, really. just wanted to go through the qbank and see the questions becuase i was told that review book questions dont really represent what is out there.

thanks for the suggestion. i will review the systems as you recommend. now what about doing another q-bank. do you think that it is better that i do kaplan or rather know uworld cold and redo it over and over? thanks.

You mentioned that you breezed over the explanations very quickly, that really defeats the purpose of using UW as a study tool. Forget about the percent correct since you will be doing used questions again, it will not be representative (you said you only have questions for 6 tests remaining). Use NBME exams to assess your progress instead. I don't know much about Kaplan Qbank but I suppose if I had to choose another comprehensive Qbank it would be that one.

I posted these messages in a recent thread...

thanks.