Uwsa #2

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thinkenergy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did anyone else find Blocks 3 & 4 on UWSA #2 difficult? I missed 4-5 questions more on each section than I usually do. What is even more strange is that on some of questions that I am confident about, I ended up missing them. Am I not thinking in the right way?

Members don't see this ad.

Did anyone else find Blocks 3 & 4 on UWSA #2 difficult? I missed 4-5 questions more on each section than I usually do. What is even more strange is that on some of questions that I am confident about, I ended up missing them. Am I not thinking in the right way?

Hey, i took UWSA 2 today and found it to be harder than 1 even though my overall score increased. I thought i was failing it because there was very little path on 2 (48 q) compare to 1 (68q).

I did UW2 today and i did the worst on blocks 2 and 3. I think it depends what your strengths and weaknesses are as well as how you deal with the mental fatigue as the blocks progress.

The entire time I thought I was getting my arse handed to me and then i ended up doing so much better than I could have hoped. So who knows:rolleyes:

I did UW2 today and i did the worst on blocks 2 and 3. I think it depends what your strengths and weaknesses are as well as how you deal with the mental fatigue as the blocks progress.

The entire time I thought I was getting my arse handed to me and then i ended up doing so much better than I could have hoped. So who knows:rolleyes:

I was hoping to see more path since i reviewed entire pathoma is last 5 days and then did goljan audio. My path scored increased but there was not that much path. There was alot of anatomy/embryo and way too many CT scans.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think I was fatigued toward the end, there is something about UWorld. I don't know, maybe I was overthinking on some questions and not thinking hard enough on others.

UWorld makes me depressed. Oh well..

not much harder than the other sections, I missed a bit more in the 4th block, mainly because I was at the tail end of NBME + UWSA2 in one sitting, the fatigue did get to me at the end. Maybe that's the case?

Took UWSA #2 today as well. I was a little surprised by some of it just like you mentioned less path was there but I scored exactly on par with my previous NBME so I'm not too sure what to make of it.

for what it's worth, my block 1 and 2 were the same percentage, block 3 went down, and block 4 was my best.

i thought this was the hardest of all the assessments/NBMEs (both UWorlds and NBME 7,12) i took but it was my best score by far (which i don't understand -- the entire time i felt like i had no idea WTF was going on).

i wonder if the scale is nicer to make it seem like your score jumped a lot from the first assessment.

for what it's worth, my block 1 and 2 were the same percentage, block 3 went down, and block 4 was my best.

i thought this was the hardest of all the assessments/NBMEs (both UWorlds and NBME 7,12) i took but it was my best score by far (which i don't understand -- the entire time i felt like i had no idea WTF was going on).

i wonder if the scale is nicer to make it seem like your score jumped a lot from the first assessment.

Ditto. I just did UWSA 2 and got a 257, but I was pretty sure I was failing the whole time. It was much more difficult than NBME 11, 12, or UWSA 1 but the score is better. Anyone who has taken the real exam think UWSA 2 was more difficult?

Ditto. I just did UWSA 2 and got a 257, but I was pretty sure I was failing the whole time. It was much more difficult than NBME 11, 12, or UWSA 1 but the score is better. Anyone who has taken the real exam think UWSA 2 was more difficult?

I took NBME 13 this morning and it didn't seem nearly as bad as UWSA 2 but my score was significantly lower. For me, it seems that the UWSA 2 score was an anomaly.

I took NBME 13 this morning and it didn't seem nearly as bad as UWSA 2 but my score was significantly lower. For me, it seems that the UWSA 2 score was an anomaly.

Well, from what i have read it seems like UWSA generally has more medium/difficult questions and less easy/buzzword questions compare to NBMEs. Because of this, UWSA has a generous curve than NBMEs. So i think it is kind of hard to predict whether it is over predicting or under predicting your score. Consensus seems to be that Step 1 is somewhere in between UWSA and NBMEs.

Big bump, I know, but I just took the UWSA2, and got a 770/263. 82% correct. I absolutely bombed the last hour and got 11 wrong including 5 sitters. I think my brain took a walk when I couldn't see phenobarbital in the list of options in a question about enzyme induction.

So I guess I'm sitting in the 230s? For the record I took NBME7 a month ago before I started my dedicated prep and got 82% in that as well (510/224). I've almost finished one read-through of FA (alongside the Kaplan notes, adding a little here and there). I thought I would've improved a little more than this? I'm 7 weeks out at this point.

Recalling where apob48 is synthesised and where urea leaves the urea cycle is a matter of, well, recall, I guess (which I really dislike if it involves only memorisation). But I need to work on staying focussed through the test because almost all my errors were stupid, e.g. not choosing the brainstem as the affected site in a Parkinson's case. Any pointers?

EDIT: The lack of behavioral science questions was quite unnerving. And why did it keep telling me there would be multimedia when there was none?

Big bump, I know, but I just took the UWSA2, and got a 770/263. 82% correct. I absolutely bombed the last hour and got 11 wrong including 5 sitters. I think my brain took a walk when I couldn't see phenobarbital in the list of options in a question about enzyme induction.

So I guess I'm sitting in the 230s? For the record I took NBME7 a month ago before I started my dedicated prep and got 82% in that as well (510/224). I've almost finished one read-through of FA (alongside the Kaplan notes, adding a little here and there). I thought I would've improved a little more than this? I'm 7 weeks out at this point.

Recalling where apob48 is synthesised and where urea leaves the urea cycle is a matter of, well, recall, I guess (which I really dislike if it involves only memorisation). But I need to work on staying focussed through the test because almost all my errors were stupid, e.g. not choosing the brainstem as the affected site in a Parkinson's case. Any pointers?

EDIT: The lack of behavioral science questions was quite unnerving. And why did it keep telling me there would be multimedia when there was none?

I'd say that test overpredicts by about 10 points, so you are good

Did you guys take notes for UWSA 2? I took this exam 2 months ago, and didnt take notes on it and it expired in 2 weeks!!!! if anyone has notes for UWSA 2, can you please share? THANKS!!!

Figured I'd bump this instead of making a thread, was going to post the same thing. Maybe someone else will be wondering the same.

From reading these posts it seems that the blocks just play to different strengths or possibly people could get tired by the end. My block 4 was 10% lower than my 1st. I think everything is relative. I'm seeing people say this was harder than 1, but I think UWSA1 was harder than 2. 1 had more things where you just had to know the facts IMO, like I remember there being a lot of Biochem and Genetics on 1.

My mind also just felt fuzzy during blocks 3 and 4 while I breezed through 1 and 2. I only have 1 more NBME to take before exam day. Maybe I should experiment with taking a caffeine pill after block 2 and see how that helps. Not sure how I'm going to keep my head on straight for 7 of these.