You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VA DPT Schools 2021-2022
Started by Intramode7@
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PT & Physics
Full Member
I'm interviewing at E&H this weekend. Do you have any tips or mind sharing your experience. It is one of my top schools and I'm excited for it!Forum for VA PT school interviews, acceptances, etc.
I’ve been accepted to Emory & Henry. Have interviews coming up for Shenandoah and Marymount, still waiting to hear back from Murphy Deming and Radford.
I’m a current 1st year at e&h if you have any questions!!I'm interviewing at E&H this weekend. Do you have any tips or mind sharing your experience. It is one of my top schools and I'm excited for it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PT & Physics
Full Member
Do you have any tips for the interview? I am a little nervous about the group interview and the questions that will be asked.I’m a current 1st year at e&h if you have any questions!!
I know it sounds silly but honestly just be yourself!! Im not sure which faculty members are doing the interviews but I know that my classmates that are assisting with the group interviews/activity are really chill. It’s really nothing to stress over!! The faculty just want to get to know who you are as a person and get to know you past your application. I remember being super nervous (I actually interviewed here twice, once in January 2020 in person right before Covid hit and then again last September on zoom) and I was so nervous the first time and was trying to be someone I wasn’t and ended up backfiring big time (obviously as I didn’t get in on my first time). Just be you and if it’s meant to be it’ll be!!Do you have any tips for the interview? I am a little nervous about the group interview and the questions that will be asked.
PT & Physics
Full Member
Thank you so much! This was really helpful! I am looking forward to learning about the program and getting to see the facilities.I know it sounds silly but honestly just be yourself!! Im not sure which faculty members are doing the interviews but I know that my classmates that are assisting with the group interviews/activity are really chill. It’s really nothing to stress over!! The faculty just want to get to know who you are as a person and get to know you past your application. I remember being super nervous (I actually interviewed here twice, once in January 2020 in person right before Covid hit and then again last September on zoom) and I was so nervous the first time and was trying to be someone I wasn’t and ended up backfiring big time (obviously as I didn’t get in on my first time). Just be you and if it’s meant to be it’ll be!!
appleblossompt
Full Member
Anyone else have an interview tomorrow at Radford??
Intramode7@
New Member
Just be confident and if you have experience working with different patient populations you should be fine. My individual interview went pretty smoothly, some of the questions they asked were: Tell me about your self?, Why PT?, Why E&H?, when was there a time you shown leadership?, when was there a time you had a conflict? Hope that helps, and good luck with your interview.I'm interviewing at E&H this weekend. Do you have any tips or mind sharing your experience. It is one of my top schools and I'm excited for it!
PT & Physics
Full Member
Thank you so much! This was very helpful to help me prepare!Just be confident and if you have experience working with different patient populations you should be fine. My individual interview went pretty smoothly, some of the questions they asked were: Tell me about your self?, Why PT?, Why E&H?, when was there a time you shown leadership?, when was there a time you had a conflict? Hope that helps, and good luck with your interview.
appleblossompt
Full Member
Anyone heard back from VCU yet?? I did the interview a couple weeks ago but am anxiously awaiting news!
agp721
New Member
Did you interview the 11th & 12th? I interviewed the 11th and they said they wouldn’t be sending out decisions until December.Just got my acceptance from radford today! Interviewed with Shenandoah and VCU and still waiting to hear back for a final decision. Nothing much from ODU.
appleblossompt
Full Member
I interviewed the 11th and heard back today about being accepted. They also told us it wouldn't be until December so it was very unexpected.Did you interview the 11th & 12th? I interviewed the 11th and they said they wouldn’t be sending out decisions until December.
agp721
New Member
Do you think that’s all the acceptances they will be sending out? Or are sending a little at a time? I haven’t received a denial or waitlist.I interviewed the 11th and heard back today about being accepted. They also told us it wouldn't be until December so it was very unexpected.
I doubt that’s all the acceptances they will be sending out. I heard previous students say they found out at slightly different times at the interview. Their deposit is due December 1st and I’m sure lots of spots will continue to open as people turn down seats for other schools.Do you think that’s all the acceptances they will be sending out? Or are sending a little at a time? I haven’t received a denial or waitlist.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Intramode7@
New Member
I got my acceptance email from Shenandoah this morning.
PT & Physics
Full Member
How long did it take y'all to hear from E&H? They emailed us earlier in the week and said we should know by today but I still haven't heard anything. 😬
Intramode7@
New Member
My interview for E&H was on a Saturday and I heard back the following Tuesday.How long did it take y'all to hear from E&H? They emailed us earlier in the week and said we should know by today but I still haven't heard anything. 😬
agp721
New Member
What were your stats if you don’t mind me asking? Also did you interview?Just got my acceptance for VCU today!!
Me too! It's my first acceptance so relieved..Congrats!!Just got my acceptance for VCU today!!
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you submit your application? Congrats btw!Me too! It's my first acceptance so relieved..Congrats!!
Sure I finished my application on 9/27 and receive invitation for virtual interview(recorded) on 10/13 available until 10/19, so it took a month until the acceptance letter. I'm an International student but from what I've heard, they consider the stats on the same line as students in US so here's my stats. Hope this helps!Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you submit your application? Congrats btw!
University: International student(Korea)- Sunshine Women's University, Yonsei University(2 bachelor's degrees)
Major: Global medical science, physical therapy(in Korea PT is a bachelor's program)
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-7
GRE: 154V 160Q 4.0AW
LOR: 1 from PTs and 2from professor
Observation Hours: 1000 outpatient and inpatient hospitals (orthopedics, geriatrics, neuromuscular, sports rehab
Volunteer/Extracurriculars: volunteered at free clinic for homeless and foreign workers, many club activities(volunteer, snowboard, etc) including Vice President and president of the clubs, amateur snowboard athlete(won at competitions), 1st and 2nd place at college sports events. Worked at Pyeongchang Olympic test event.
Honors: Highest Honors, Scholarship for Improving the Language Skills, President Special Scholarship
Employment- part-time jobs, worked as translator for English-Korean and Japanese-Korean, full-time and part-time sales assistant and manager at clothing company until now
Applied: BU, MGH, OSU, WashU, Washington St Louis, UCSF, Temple, Regis, Delaware, USC, Mayo, Northwestern
Interviews: BU, VCU
Accepted: VCU
Waitlist: Northwestern
Rejections: Mayo, Delaware
Thanks so much! This is very helpful. You have a great application!Sure I finished my application on 9/27 and receive invitation for virtual interview(recorded) on 10/13 available until 10/19, so it took a month until the acceptance letter. I'm an International student but from what I've heard, they consider the stats on the same line as students in US so here's my stats. Hope this helps!
University: International student(Korea)- Sunshine Women's University, Yonsei University(2 bachelor's degrees)
Major: Global medical science, physical therapy(in Korea PT is a bachelor's program)
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6-7
GRE: 154V 160Q 4.0AW
LOR: 1 from PTs and 2from professor
Observation Hours: 1000 outpatient and inpatient hospitals (orthopedics, geriatrics, neuromuscular, sports rehab
Volunteer/Extracurriculars: volunteered at free clinic for homeless and foreign workers, many club activities(volunteer, snowboard, etc) including Vice President and president of the clubs, amateur snowboard athlete(won at competitions), 1st and 2nd place at college sports events. Worked at Pyeongchang Olympic test event.
Honors: Highest Honors, Scholarship for Improving the Language Skills, President Special Scholarship
Employment- part-time jobs, worked as translator for English-Korean and Japanese-Korean, full-time and part-time sales assistant and manager at clothing company until now
Applied: BU, MGH, OSU, WashU, Washington St Louis, UCSF, Temple, Regis, Delaware, USC, Mayo, Northwestern
Interviews: BU, VCU
Accepted: VCU
Waitlist: Northwestern
Rejections: Mayo, Delaware
Intramode7@
New Member
I got my acceptance from Marymount this morning.
Congrats! what did you think of their program? I was waitlisted. Hoping I’ll get pulled off and accepted sometime in January or February!I got my acceptance from Marymount this morning.
dptdptdpt2020
New Member
Has anyone heard back from Shenandoah? I interviewed mid November
I think a few people got accepted on this thread but I also interviewed in November (11/6 I believe) and haven’t heard back yet. Hoping to hear soon!Has anyone heard back from Shenandoah? I interviewed mid November
I also got my acceptance email from Marymount today!I got my acceptance from Marymount this morning.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Intramode7@
New Member
I really like Marymount’s program. I think it’s going to come down to tuition cost between Marymount and Shenandoah.Congrats! what did you think of their program? I was waitlisted. Hoping I’ll get pulled off and accepted sometime in January or February!
dptdptdpt2020
New Member
Thats fair, but Im referring to the more recent pool of interviews. Fingers crossed!I think a few people got accepted on this thread but I also interviewed in November (11/6 I believe) and haven’t heard back yet. Hoping to hear soon!
appleblossompt
Full Member
I interviewed on 11/20 and received an acceptance the following Monday.Thats fair, but Im referring to the more recent pool of interviews. Fingers crossed!
dptdptdpt2020
New Member
Congrats! If you dont mind me asking, what are your stats?I interviewed on 11/20 and received an acceptance the following Monday.
appleblossompt
Full Member
When is the deadline to notify them of your decision?Just got my acceptance for VCU today!!
Got waitlisted for Shenandoah today. It’s one of my top two choices so feeling a little discouraged, but I know they go through a lot of their list so hoping for the best!
Jasmine Morton
New Member
Has anyone applied to George Washington University's program?
January 15th!When is the deadline to notify them of your decision?
I have! still waiting to hear back from themHas anyone applied to George Washington University's program?
Intramode7@
New Member
Declined Emory & Henry as well as Marymount. Hopefully that will open spots up. Put my deposit down for Shenandoah.
kinesiology5
New Member
Got my acceptance from VCU this afternoon! So excited!
Anyone else waitlisted at Shenandoah? They said we could email to find out our ranking on the waitlist after the new year, so I’m planning to email them on Monday, but I just wanted to make sure others were going to email them that soon as well. I’m assuming they figured out the rankings before the winter break and will just be back in the office after the new year to reply to emails then.
Hi have you heard back? I’m planning on attending and would like to connect!I'm interviewing at E&H this weekend. Do you have any tips or mind sharing your experience. It is one of my top schools and I'm excited for it!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a first year there! If you have any questions feel free to dm 🙂if anyone is planning on attending Emory and henry pls lmk I’d love to connect
PT & Physics
Full Member
When did you interview? My decision was deferred until after the next round of interviews.Hi have you heard back? I’m planning on attending and would like to connect!
When did you interview? My decision was deferred until after the next round of interviews.
I interviewed in November
PT & Physics
Full Member
I interviewed in November as well. They are having their last round of interviews this weekend so hopefully I will hear from them soon!I interviewed in November
Declined my seat at Marymount today, hope some of you on the waitlist get my spot!