VA - externships

Started by audio21
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

audio21

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has any one done an externship at the VA or has experience with airforce/military audiology?
 
I did a semester of clinic at the Memphis VA, but that was just one day a week. I enjoyed it there for the most part. A couple of my classmates who are 3rd years have interviewed at various VA's for 4th year externships. I've also looked into military audiology a little bit, from what I understand it is a lot of hearing conservation/industrial audiology. Navy typically takes two 4th years from what I understand and the Army takes a similar number. Not sure about Air Force. What sort of information are you looking for specifically?