VA job search etiquette question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stilllooking

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview for a VA job on Wednesday, where they requested that I send information on references and sample intake and discharge reports (the latter not being requested before that point) and said that they would like to receive them before the end of the week if possible. I sent a email with the reference information and a question about the requested clinical samples that afternoon and haven’t heard back. I had set aside some time to work on preparing them on Friday. Would it be bad etiquette to send a follow-up email regarding my question? I don’t want to seem demanding but I also don’t want to hurt my candidacy by sending in the samples late or slow.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Would it be bad etiquette to send a follow-up email regarding my question? I don’t want to seem demanding but I also don’t want to hurt my candidacy by sending in the samples late or slow.
I think I would preface by saying that you want to make sure that you have the reports to them in a timely manner, but that you wanted to clarify some things. If these are the types of folks that would be upset about you sending a following up email to clarify something, then they probably aren't a good fit.

I had an interview for a VA job on Wednesday, where they requested that I send information on references and sample intake and discharge reports (the latter not being requested before that point) and said that they would like to receive them before the end of the week if possible. I sent a email with the reference information and a question about the requested clinical samples that afternoon and haven’t heard back. I had set aside some time to work on preparing them on Friday. Would it be bad etiquette to send a follow-up email regarding my question? I don’t want to seem demanding but I also don’t want to hurt my candidacy by sending in the samples late or slow.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Give it until Wednesday. If by Wednesday afternoon you haven't heard back, maybe shoot another email over.