Validity of NB Scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joy

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! everyone,i am a FTD ,i had appeared for my part in july2001 and for my part 2 march 2002 with resulting scores of 86 and 79 ,for some reason i could not further the application process beyond these exams,now i am wondering can i use these scores for application to dental schools for any program like IDP,Master's or phd? i know that unofficially the validity of scores for application is 3 years,just wanted to confirm from you experts if its true?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the scores are valid for 5 years......check the ada website to confirm this......

joy said:
Hi! everyone,i am a FTD ,i had appeared for my part in july2001 and for my part 2 march 2002 with resulting scores of 86 and 79 ,for some reason i could not further the application process beyond these exams,now i am wondering can i use these scores for application to dental schools for any program like IDP,Master's or phd? i know that unofficially the validity of scores for application is 3 years,just wanted to confirm from you experts if its true?

Hi,
Most schools accept exams taken within the last 5 years but a few schools require that the exam should have been taken within the last 3 years...
Hope this helps,
:thumbup: Good Luck

Hi! shlo and Hydbds, Thanks to both of u for replying.
joy.