validity of recommendation letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrKCD

DrKCD
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hii friends,
I graduated in 2007 from india and i have recommendation letters from dean and professors dated in 2007..i will be applying in 2009 for acedemic year 2010..is there any validity period for the recommendation letters/? Any guidence/advice will be appreciated..

Members don't see this ad.

Hii friends,
I graduated in 2007 from india and i have recommendation letters from dean and professors dated in 2007..i will be applying in 2009 for acedemic year 2010..is there any validity period for the recommendation letters/? Any guidence/advice will be appreciated..
generally 1 year I think

some colleges want the letters of recommmendation to be issued within 6 months of application

Members don't see this ad :)
talking about validity...wat is the validity of NBDE scores...nwe idea...2 years/5 years??????????

talking about validity...wat is the validity of NBDE scores...nwe idea...2 years/5 years??????????
5 according to the ADA..not sure.
but some schools want scores within 3/4/5 years. It depends on each school

Hii friends,

My reco letters were more than 1 year old and I called up each school where I was applying..most of them don't have any objection.Only in colorado they were particular and they had asked me to send reco letter from dentist in US where i observed which was less than 6 months old, also i had to attach a letter saying i have spoken with so n so person and seeked permission to send old letters.