Value of Master or SMP like

Started by xia101010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xia101010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There are some master programs that help you one get into a med school. Many of these programs have success rates less than 50%(more like 25%). These programs are not cheap either.
I am interested to know fromthose who did not make it to med schools after the program. How did they use their degree?
 
I really doubt those people will be still checking these forums. However I personally know one person who went on to get a PhD from the same school they did their masters, & is now doing research.
 
Last edited:
There are some master programs that help you one get into a med school. Many of these programs have success rates less than 50%(more like 25%).

What programs are you referring to, specifically? I haven't heard of a true SMP with numbers in that range.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was not talking of top programs like Georgetown but lower end ones that are mainly at DO schools or the ones easy to get in..
 
I was not talking of top programs like Georgetown but lower end ones that are mainly at DO schools or the ones easy to get in..

oooh, I didn't know the numbers were that low anywhere. That doesn't sound so great. Maybe these same schools have matching directly into their DO/MD programs, though?

Still, graduating one of these programs with 50k in debt from private loans sounds atrocious. Eep.
 
FYI, LECOM has one of the cheapest programs ($13k) with a guarantee of admission when you meet certain requirements (3.0 gpa in program). Understanding their program is the 1st year of med school with A, B, C, F grades, no +/-

This program only grants a certificate, but is a good segue into their masters program where for those not admitted.