Vanderbilt Summer Anesthesiology Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OneBigPuppy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Vanderbilt summer anesthesiology program?

I recently got accepted, but I'm not too sure if this is a funded program and/or if it is worth going to.
I was thinking I would do research at my home institution and continue projects longitudinally - I'm also not too sure if external programs are conducive to maintaining long-term projects and relationships.

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone have experience with the Vanderbilt summer anesthesiology program?

I recently got accepted, but I'm not too sure if this is a funded program and/or if it is worth going to.
I was thinking I would do research at my home institution and continue projects longitudinally - I'm also not too sure if external programs are conducive to maintaining long-term projects and relationships.
It could be good to get connections there if that is a place you would really like to go. It will also be helpful to get anesthesia research regardless as it will be looked upon highly by all programs. Maintaining a long-term research relationship is not important. If you do maintain this relationship, awesome, if not it won't hurt you. There are people who were competitive for the top programs with far less.

Your board scores will always be the most important. If you have a 215 step II there isn't any amount of research that can help you. This will always be the most important. Next most important will be letters of recommendation and research. These will get you the interview. Your personality and how you perform on the interview will determine how you get ranked and if you match.