You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Vascular Neurology Match 2021
Started by StrokeDoc90
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey, that is a solid interview invite list. I was wondering how many programs did you end up applying to?Another year, another match!
Feel free to post invites as you get them and interview impressions later in the season.
Interview To Date: UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai
StrokeDoc90
New Member
I applied to 20 programs. Not sure if that’s too many or too little. But we’ll find out soon anyhow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied to 10: invites from UCONN, Mt Sinai, UMich, UTSW thus far.
Neurosaurus91
New Member
Applied to 20.
Interview so far: Utah, Rush, Yale
Interview so far: Utah, Rush, Yale
Neurosaurus91
New Member
Update: WashU in STL, UVA, BIDMC, USC
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Update: BIDMC (UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Update: UWash (BIDM, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Anyone hear back from other programs? Feel like it'll be early Jan for the next set of invites.
I really hope so, as there are some other programs I am highly interested in which I am waiting for.Anyone hear back from other programs? Feel like it'll be early Jan for the next set of invites.
In addition to the programs already listed here, I heard from Emory last week.Anyone hear back from other programs? Feel like it'll be early Jan for the next set of invites.
I imagine a lot of programs were on holiday the past two weeks between XMas and NYE so would expect to hear from more places in the upcoming weeks.
Neurosaurus91
New Member
Yeah my home program still has not sent any invites yet, hoping for more action this week. This morning I got invite from Cincinnati, so there are multiple waves of invites.
Neurosaurus91
New Member
In addition to programs already mentioned above, I got interviews from UCLA and UCSF yesterday.
Ditto plus UCSD and UT houston
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Update: UTHouston (UWashington, BIDMC, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Update: Hopkins (UTHouston, UWashington, BIDMC, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)
Neurosaurus91
New Member
MGH today
Yes. Most of neuro fellowships have apply 18 months prior to start of fellowship. Dumb if you ask me.Lowly confused neuro intern here... I checked the Match results for 2020 and it says: appointment year 2021, Match Day May 13, 2020.
Are you all PGY-3's applying for positions starting July 1, 2022? Best of luck to you all!
It's honestly ridiculous how early we apply. There has been a movement by the AAN recommending delaying the timeline and making a unified process for all neurologic subspecialties beginning no sooner than March of PGY-3 year which would be much better.Yes. Most of neuro fellowships have apply 18 months prior to start of fellowship. Dumb if you ask me.
Fellowship applications
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Update: BostonU (Hopkins, UTHouston, UWashington, BIDMC, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)
Neurosaurus91
New Member
New invites: Colorado and Brown
StrokeDoc90
New Member
Update: Brown (BostonU, Hopkins, UTHouston, UWashington, BIDMC, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 3K