Dec 12, 2020
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Another year, another match!

Feel free to post invites as you get them and interview impressions later in the season.

Interview To Date: UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai

Reactions: 1 users

drcuddles

5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2015
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Another year, another match!

Feel free to post invites as you get them and interview impressions later in the season.

Interview To Date: UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai
Hey, that is a solid interview invite list. I was wondering how many programs did you end up applying to?

Reactions: 1 user
Dec 12, 2020
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I applied to 20 programs. Not sure if that’s too many or too little. But we’ll find out soon anyhow.

About the Ads

drcuddles

5+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2015
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Applied to 19 but then panicked and added couple more programs 2 weeks later (not sure if it was the right move as I don't know if programs will even consider reviewing late applications).
Interviews so far: UoFlorida Jacksonville, OSH, VCU, UTSW, UPenn.

Craker

7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2013
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Anyone hear back from other programs? Feel like it'll be early Jan for the next set of invites.
In addition to the programs already listed here, I heard from Emory last week.

I imagine a lot of programs were on holiday the past two weeks between XMas and NYE so would expect to hear from more places in the upcoming weeks.

Dec 16, 2020
Yeah my home program still has not sent any invites yet, hoping for more action this week. This morning I got invite from Cincinnati, so there are multiple waves of invites.

About the Ads

Craker

7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2013
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
In addition to programs already mentioned above, I got interviews from UCLA and UCSF yesterday.

Dec 12, 2020
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Update: Hopkins (UTHouston, UWashington, BIDMC, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)

drdecaf

7+ Year Member
May 22, 2013
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Lowly confused neuro intern here... I checked the Match results for 2020 and it says: appointment year 2021, Match Day May 13, 2020.

Are you all PGY-3's applying for positions starting July 1, 2022? Best of luck to you all!

Ibn Alnafis MD

10+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2008
Where the past and the future intersect
forums.studentdoctor.net
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Lowly confused neuro intern here... I checked the Match results for 2020 and it says: appointment year 2021, Match Day May 13, 2020.

Are you all PGY-3's applying for positions starting July 1, 2022? Best of luck to you all!
Yes. Most of neuro fellowships have apply 18 months prior to start of fellowship. Dumb if you ask me.

Craker

7+ Year Member
Jan 22, 2013
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Yes. Most of neuro fellowships have apply 18 months prior to start of fellowship. Dumb if you ask me.
It's honestly ridiculous how early we apply. There has been a movement by the AAN recommending delaying the timeline and making a unified process for all neurologic subspecialties beginning no sooner than March of PGY-3 year which would be much better.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 12, 2020
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Update: BostonU (Hopkins, UTHouston, UWashington, BIDMC, UCincinnati, UMiami, UPenn, Cedars-Sinai)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads