Vascular Surgery 5+2 Application (Match day May 2016)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many vascular fellowships did you apply to?

• Total voters

ireason

Freshly squeezed. Not made from concentrate.
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I figured I'd start a new thread for this year's vascular fellowship match. The previous thread had a lot of old info.

Anyone else applying? I just turned in my app today.

Members don't see this ad.

seems a bit too silent...

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps not a lot of competition for us this year then? Or maybe most people too cool for SDN now. Personally I'm just sitting here waiting for the radiologist to read these negative trauma scans as negative and clicking refresh got old so might as well browse SDN. Last month of trauma ever. Thank HayZeus.

Reactions: 1 users
I also just received 2 responses for receipt of application - still no interviews...

Got interviews at Utah, Wake Forest, and Maimonides. I applied to A LOT of programs though. Trying to figure out how I'm going to afford this interview season. Anyone else hear from other programs?

I'm putting a final polish on personal statements and waiting (trying to wait patiently, I guess?) for my super slow letter writers to upload the letters that I asked them for in November...

Didn't apply to Utah or Maimo. Haven't heard from any others beyond Wake yet, except for a few more "received your app and are reviewing" type emails. The wait is painful and not at all helpful for my preexisting tendency towards spastically checking my email every 5 mins.

Got interviews at Utah, Wake Forest, and Maimonides. I applied to A LOT of programs though. Trying to figure out how I'm going to afford this interview season. Anyone else hear from other programs?

Reactions: 1 user
i have heard from colorado. did not apply to any of the other mentioned programs. also, i didn't receive any letters confirming receipt of my application... should i be worried? i am currently abroad and submitted my ERAS a little late (12/11).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have only heard from Wake, UT Southwestern, and Greenville. Havent applied to MCW, Maimo, Temple, OSU, etc -- i guess my range is somewhat limited given family circumstances.

Have you guys heard anything about Colorado program? I remember interviewing there for general surgery and the program director was one scary dude and the residents were all sleepy eyed and kind of off kilter. I see that he is now chief of vascular surgery there.

Hi applying for vascular as well. I have applied to so many programs, it is not even funny

So far gotten IV from Missisipi, UT - SAntoni0, LIJ NY, Temple & Geisinger.

Have you guys heard anything about Colorado program? I remember interviewing there for general surgery and the program director was one scary dude and the residents were all sleepy eyed and kind of off kilter. I see that he is now chief of vascular surgery there.

I haven't heard good things about the Colorado program. I'm having a hard time remembering off hand who it was that I was talking to, but one of my attendings had some experience there in some form and had said that it was a pretty negative environment.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard good things about the Colorado program. I'm having a hard time remembering off hand who it was that I was talking to, but one of my attendings had some experience there in some form and had said that it was a pretty negative environment.

Colorado used to have a reputation as a malignant program but I don't feel that this is true anymore. They are a newer vascular program but the operative experience is pretty broad and the facilities at the university are great. Also the PD (who may look scary but is actually a great guy) is now advancing his role in education and there will be a search for a new division chief.

One of the new faculty at CU was a vascular fellow during my residency. A bright and terrific person as well as a great surgeon. Not at all malignant. Fwiw he does a lot of international work, not sure if residents can go or not.

Glad to hear that program has gotten better in terms of the environment! It is in a great area and seems to have quite a bit going for it.

Does anyone know when most interview invitations start rolling in? Anyone hear from any other midwest programs?

i have heard now from UNC and rush. didn't apply to many midwest programs, but i have not heard word from northwestern. at this point i'm wondering if it's a rejection since i know from their website they interview in january... wah wah.

I should probably update. At this point I've heard from: San Antonio, Ohio State, Temple, Jefferson, Wake, and Carolinas. And of course the rejection from Colorado. But that still leaves 28 programs I haven't heard from.

What about everyone else?

I've heard from Northwestern & Pitt

Wake, Greenville, Georgetown, Maimonides, UConn, Northwestern, Colorado, Jefferson, Ohio State

heard from northwestern, univ of chicago, georgetown. how many programs did people apply to in general? i did 27 originally thinking it was a lot. maybe not considering a lot of the programs i see on this thread i didn't include.

Interview offers from University of Vermont, University of Oklahoma, Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee), and University of Utah. Haven't heard from anyone with rejections yet.

also heard from Rush, NW and U Chicago and Baylor Dallas.

I've heard from Greenville SC, Geisinger, U of Vermont, Georgetown, Temple, and Thomas Jefferson.

Anyone heard from ECU or EVMS yet?

Interview offers from Baylor Dallas, UT Austin, and Arkansas received this week.

Jackson Miami and Cleveland Clinic