VCOM CC vs CCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1101115

VCOM Carolinas vs Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine

VCOM Pros:
50k tuition
Seemed like a really nice environment
Cheaper COL
Near home (1.5 hr drive)

VCOM Cons:
Scattered rotations, likely will have to move
Mandatory attendance
not as well established

CCOM Pros:
In Chicago, I went in person for interview and loved the city
Strong rotations within Chicago, do not have to move again
Very established
Larger campus with a library
No mandatory lecture

CCOM Cons
80k tuition
higher COL
have to fly to get home

My goal is also to get into academic IM so I can do a Cards or Hem/Onc Fellowship later on

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's your total cost of attendance for both schools?

VCOM is a great one. I know mandatory attendance isn't great, but I'm pretty sure that they let you put headphones in and study during class, which would actually not be bad at all.

never heard of CCOM

What's your total cost of attendance for both schools?

VCOM is a great one. I know mandatory attendance isn't great, but I'm pretty sure that they let you put headphones in and study during class, which would actually not be bad at all.

never heard of CCOM
Thanks for the response. I'm looking at around 100 COA for CCOM and around 65k for VCOM. CCOM is a reputable D.O. school and one of the founding DO schools, I am surprised that you have not heard of it.

Thanks for the response. I'm looking at around 100 COA for CCOM and around 65k for VCOM. CCOM is a reputable D.O. school and one of the founding DO schools, I am surprised that you have not heard of it.
With interest, CCOM is nearly 500k in loans, unless you match into a specialty exceedingly well-paying you likely will have a much harder time paying it off. Couple that with it being a DO school, I don't think it's worth the price tag.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you both for your responses. I think I will place the deposit for VCOM. The huge alumni network created by the sheer amount of grads I believe will overcome any minimal prestige diff between the two.

Reactions: 1 users