Vcom class of 2016 thread.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bshoni22

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Shoni. I've been accepted to VCOM. Very exciting stuff.

I'd love to hear from other future students who might be interested in getting an early start on their housing situation. I have a dog so take that into account.

Congrats to everyone. See you in the Fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I am also starting at VCOM this year and have a dog. Looking for housing as well. Maybe some current dog owners have some suggestions on good places to live?

Matt Lojacono in student services said that Hethwood is great for dogs. Knollwood takes dogs too but I have an American Bulldog /Staffordshire Terrier mix and even though he's a therapy dog, well trained, etc, they wont have him.
The Mill's were ok with him and Hethwood said ok too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I talked to Hethwood and Knollwood, but they have a 60lb limit that they seem pretty strict on. Looks like my only options are the Mill, Windsor Hill, or Stonegate... Any experience with these? They seem quite expensive after you factor in utilities and cable/internet. :/

Btw. I have a Lab.

I'm trying to hunt down the Facebook page for our class. Has anyone been able to find it? If so, would you mind posting the link?

Sorry, I can't find it either. I'll keep looking and let you know. Have you gone to VCOMDO?

Yeah, the VCOMDO site just links to a Facebook page for VCOMDO, not for the class of 2016 specifically.

Great! How do you find it? Would you mind posting the link?

Hello Incoming VCOM students. Congrats on your acceptance. If you are still looking for housing, I am a soon-to be graduate of VCOM Blacksburg that is interested in renting my townhome. It is in a great location and many other med students live in the area. If you are interested send me a PM. Or if you have any other questions, feel free to PM me as well.

Congrats, 4 years goes by fast when you look back on it.

Hello, new VCOMers! I'm class of 2013 at VCOM (Virginia campus), just finished up my 3rd year rotations. Good luck to all of you next year. :p