• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

JustDOinIt

10+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
As a student matriculating to VCOM in the fall of 2008, I received the 2008 Match List for VCOM. I was wondering if any VCOM students(3rd or 4th yrs) could share their thoughts regarding the match process. Did most students receive their first choice? Can you shed some light (positive and negative experiences) rotating through smaller hospitals rather than tertiary hospitals? Do most students feel like they can get into whatever field they want to or are there limitations due to the relative "newness" of the school? I have visited the school twice and absolutely love it there and just wanted to get a few more opinions from people who have gone through the process. Thanks

About the Ads

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I know that the majority of my class did get their first or second choice.:)
I havent heard of anyone having problems getting where they wanted due to the newest of school. I dont think that comes into play. We have rotated in places with other students from other schools such as UVA.

Big verses small roations sites.... well they both have their plusses and minuses. At bigger places you might not be able to do as much. I was in a more rural location for an EM elective this year and even though it was a small place, I saw so much stuff and got to do a whole bunch of things that I wouldnt have gotten to do at a larger location. Plusses of a larger place is the possiblity of getting to work with more students and residents and having grand rounds that have a larger group of people involved.

If you work hard, do great on rotations and pass your boards, you should have no troubles getting in where you want. Good luck and enjoy your years at VCOM....they will go by faster than you can even imagine.

profstudent

10+ Year Member
May 29, 2005
Status (Visible)
Amy B - I have not seen the match list yet. Could you please post it or tell me where to find it? Thanks!

Amy B

I miss my son so much
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2000
Virginia
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I dont think that VCOM has posted it yet. We received it as an email. I cant release it if VCOM hasnt released it publically yet. The list is impressive though and my class did great in the match. You could call VCOM and ask about the 2008 match list and see what they say. Sorry I cant give out something that has not yet been made public. Im sure it will be soon though.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.