VCOM(virginia) vs NYITCOM(AR) - Residency match?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sundr

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I know this topic has probably been thoroughly discussed, but schools are growing and so does their status. I am interested in knowing which school, VCOM Virginia or NYITCOM AR has better residency placements for more competitive residencies.

Also, I'm assuming the curriculum is similar in both but is one easier than the other?

Members don't see this ad.

• Inappropriate
Reactions: 1 user
No one can genuinely answer this question.

First and foremost, medical school is difficult no matter where you go to school. So, you might as well go ahead and put that in your brain. Secondly, there is a huge difference in testing structure between these schools. So, would you rather take two 40-60 question tests a week on separate subjects within one body system (VCOM) or would you rather take three 300-500 question exams on every subject within a body system per semester for two years (NYIT-Astate)? Because that is pretty close to the difference in curriculum.

Also, to my knowledge, VCOM allows a student to remediate 2 classes per block and I think NYIT only allows a student to remediate if the dean approves it, otherwise you must start the curriculum of that subject over again next year (I think - I dont attend NYIT). Basically, I think VCOM has a more lenient remediation policy than A-state.

As per usual, the match list does not mean a whole lot because competitive specialty matching is dependent on individual students. However, I know for sure that VCOM-VA has a great match every year, and A-State either has not graduated a class or they just recently graduated their first class, and I am sure you can find the match stats if theyve published them.

Reactions: 1 user