2023-2024 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator once the secondary prompt has been posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know if applying go all 4 VCOM’s is like 4 independent applications with 4 mutually exclusive events? That is, each secondary , interview and app review is independent for the 4 campuses?

does anyone know if applying go all 4 VCOM’s is like 4 independent applications with 4 mutually exclusive events? That is, each secondary , interview and app review is independent for the 4 campuses?
I think you can only apply to only 1 out of the 4 campuses per cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, does anyone happen to know the orientation date this year? Can’t find it on the website

I'm currently finishing up my second year at VCOM - Virginia campus. You can double-check with the admissions office to confirm this, but when I applied (and I believe this still applies now), you only had to "apply" to one of the campuses on the AACOMAS application. There is no need to apply to all four (that was just a waste of money). Then, if/when you get a secondary application, you could indicate your preference of campus, if you had one. They then take that into account when looking through your application/sending interview invites for a specific campus. Essentially it didn't matter which campus your original primary application went through. Again, you may want to double-check, but I think this remains the case.

I'm currently finishing up my second year at VCOM - Virginia campus. You can double-check with the admissions office to confirm this, but when I applied (and I believe this still applies now), you only had to "apply" to one of the campuses on the AACOMAS application. There is no need to apply to all four (that was just a waste of money). Then, if/when you get a secondary application, you could indicate your preference of campus, if you had one. They then take that into account when looking through your application/sending interview invites for a specific campus. Essentially it didn't matter which campus your original primary application went through. Again, you may want to double-check, but I think this remains the case.

Thank you for responding…
As a M2 at VCOM, do you guys know why AOA 2023 labeled all 4 campuses with “Heightened Monitoring” this year?
I’m applying but just curious as to why… seems like a solid program otherwise.

• Hmm
Do we know when the earliest II's can start going out? Assuming secondary already complete/application is complete as well.

Thanks!!!

Just finished secondary today, can confirm you select which campus youd like to attend or you can rank them 1-4.

Just finished secondary today, can confirm you select which campus youd like to attend or you can rank them 1-4.

Sweet! When was complete for you primary-wise? I got an email from them this past Wednesday that they’re looking over my app.

…so does that mean they pre screen?

Sweet! When was complete for you primary-wise? I got an email from them this past Wednesday that they’re looking over my app.

…so does that mean they pre screen?
in my secondary email they claimed to pre screen and congratulated me on being able to pay them 25$ instead of 50$ for submitting early lol

in my secondary email they claimed to pre screen and congratulated me on being able to pay them 25$ instead of 50$ for submitting early lol

Oh wait! You’re the guy who got the II from ACOM, so you turned in your app in mid May.

Wonder if I’m still part of the early crop in late May?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am applying to DO schools in addition to MD schools. DO schools look for shawdowing experience with DO physicians only? I do have shadowing experience with MD. Please, can anyone help me?

I am applying to DO schools in addition to MD schools. DO schools look for shawdowing experience with DO physicians only? I do have shadowing experience with MD. Please, can anyone help me?

I put both because both are handy for understanding medicine. MDs and DOs are practically identical anyways in a hospital / clinic setting.

Got another email about “reviewing my application for a secondary.” Same thing happened to me last cycle and they never went further than that other than a rejection at the very end of the cycle.

Got another email about “reviewing my application for a secondary.” Same thing happened to me last cycle and they never went further than that other than a rejection at the very end of the cycle.

I got that note late May. Haven’t gotten anything from them since then.

Got secondary and its the same thing about applying early and paying $25 instead of $50 ! But haven't heard anything else from them since

Got secondary and its the same thing about applying early and paying $25 instead of $50 ! But haven't heard anything else from them since
Nice! If it isn’t too personal, when were you complete? Late May or early June perhaps?

Incoming M1 at VCOM, let me know if you have any questions. Love this school!

Just received the secondary. Was complete in late May.

Anyone know if you have to have all letters in to be considered for secondary?

For the graduate or professional school question:
1. Does a post-bac count?
2. If it does, do I have to say anything more than (Name of School, Degree Program/Level, Degree Earned, Dates of Attendance)

I submitted my primary 6/1 and got a pending review email on 6/2 and still nothing. I’m out of state, but I’ve spoken with people in admissions and others I know that have gone to VCOM and it seems like I fit their mission and their stats. It’s in my top 3 choices too so I’m a little anxious since I haven’t heard a peep since going to review. Is this likely a silent R since it’s been over a month or is it too early to tell at this point?

I am in the same situation as you!! Hopefully, it's not a silent R.
I submitted my primary 6/1 and got a pending review email on 6/2 and still nothing. I’m out of state, but I’ve spoken with people in admissions and others I know that have gone to VCOM and it seems like I fit their mission and their stats. It’s in my top 3 choices too so I’m a little anxious since I haven’t heard a peep since going to review. Is this likely a silent R since it’s been over a month or is it too early to tell at this point?

Hey guys I'm a bit new to this process, is it super late to submit primaries in july? I've been having a problem getting my transcript verified, but it will hopefully be within the week. Can anyone let me know, thank you so much.

Hey guys I'm a bit new to this process, is it super late to submit primaries in july? I've been having a problem getting my transcript verified, but it will hopefully be within the week. Can anyone let me know, thank you so much.
No you’re good! Just try to get secondaries back as soon as you get them.

Anyone else still at screening? I submitting in May and complete 6/6.

Received my II yesterday.

Is anyone else who received a II having trouble scheduling? I filled out the interview update form, but when I go to the interview tab the calendar is all greyed out. There are no interview dates, no matter which month I check.

Is anyone else who received a II having trouble scheduling? I filled out the interview update form, but when I go to the interview tab the calendar is all greyed out. There are no interview dates, no matter which month I check.
Stats?

For me, the calendar had dates available throughout August that were indicated by bold letters. It might be worth emailing the admissions office, they seem to be responsive. Good luck!