1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

VCU Interview HELP URGENT!!!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by instigata, Feb 25, 2007.

1. instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hi! I wanted to know if VCU has a bus or something that will take you to campus. My interview is early in the morning and was wondering what type of transportation to take. Taxi? Bus? Thanks!

2. Da Nealson

Da Nealson Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical

Instigata, it depends where you are staying at. I would definitely just take the campus connector bus (i believe its the GRE Bus); it takes about 10 minutes i think (maybe a little more) to Sanger Hall; it drops you off right in front of where you need to be. You can also take a taxi, but that will probably cost $10/

I would really not recommend driving at all; its Just going to be a pain in the a$$ getting parking. You can park in the visitor area, but then you are going to have to get it validated later.

3. Robizzle

Robizzle 1K Member
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    FROM???

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Disinence2

Disinence2 Emergency Medicine
    Physician 7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Figuring out how to get to campus is the first test of the interview day.

So far I have just always used the Hotels shuttles. If your staying close to campus most big name hotels will provide some means for you to get to campus. I will also write down a few cab number and get up early enough to still call one if the shuttle service looks scetchy. Good luck! Although, i assume you already knew everything I just said.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. OP
    OP
    instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    haha sorry totally forgot to mention that...from East Main street in Richmond. Thanks again!

6. OP
    OP
    instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The thing is I am staying with a student. I wanted to ask him about transportation but he hasn't been picking up...which isn't a good sign lol. I have a relative in Richmond but I wanted to stay with a student to get a better picture of the school.

7. Instatewaiter

Instatewaiter But... there's a troponin
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Where on east main?

Why don't you just hop a ride with the student?

8. OP
    OP
    instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Well I don't want to give the address since it's somebody else's. Does it matter where on east main? Thanks for the help everybody. I hope I have a place to stay when I get there since the guy was kind of just like..."yea sure you could stay here, I'm pretty sure I don't have anything that day." And I'm like "okay...so I'll see you then.." and he's like "okay..." and that was the end of the convo lol :scared:

9. Instatewaiter

Instatewaiter But... there's a troponin
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I was asking b/c if it is on my way to class I wouldnt mind giving you a ride.

10. Dooooom

Dooooom Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Da Nealson, using the symbol $$ in reference to a curse word does not change its meaning nor does it take away from its offensiveness and I would appreciate it if you didnt curse in these public forums that my children read!!! :D a$$hole :D

11. doctorsareneat

doctorsareneat im a new kid
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    it actually does matter where you are on East Main. Hopefully you're within walking distance of a cmpus connector stop.

Here's a link to the map:

http://www.bsv.vcu.edu/vcupark/pdfmaps/VCUCampusConnector.pdf

If you don't have a VCU ID, I think it costs like $2 or something. Most of the bus drivers are nice, and if you look like a student, they won't make you pay.

The bus stop at Sanger Hall is the stop you want to take. Most of the people on the bus will probably be getting off at that stop. That's the building where the admissions office is. Go in the revolving door, take your first left, and when you come to the end (where there is a big desk) take a right down the hallway. The admissions office is on the right a few doors down.
    Try to get tour host to take you down there! He probably takes the campus connector, too.

Sorry if your host is being a jerk. I have lots of friends at VCUSOM if you need a new host.

12. OP
    OP
    instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    thanks doctorsareneat! But instatewaiter is going to take care of me and give me a ride. :)

13. Da Nealson

Da Nealson Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Instigata, how did your interview go? here any interesting new about March 15th :)?

14. OP
    OP
    instigata

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    hey nealson,

My interview went really well (probably the best interview I have had so far). My interviewer was a really really nice guy who made the interview process as easy as could be for me. Dean Cook said that all decisions for people who interviewed will be made by March 15. After that, there will be waitlist movement. When did you interview?