VCU Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luv2BPharmD

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has interviewed / will be interviewing at VCU. If anyone has advice on their experience, I would greatly appreciate it. Any advice on how to prepare for pharmacy school interviews would be most helpful. I have read the post-interview reviews and they were great. Thanks so much for your help! I am nervous but so excited!

Members don't see this ad.

luv2BPharmD said:
Hi everyone!
I was wondering if anyone has interviewed / will be interviewing at VCU. If anyone has advice on their experience, I would greatly appreciate it. Any advice on how to prepare for pharmacy school interviews would be most helpful. I have read the post-interview reviews and they were great. Thanks so much for your help! I am nervous but so excited!

luv2BPharmD,

When did you turn in your app, and when were you given an invitation for an interview? :)

Yeah, I'm wondering the same... I have ALMOST all my stuff in there (minus one letter of rec.. which is going out soon) I hope to be interviewing there sometime... all the people i've spoken too in the offices there seem really nice..... how long after turning in all your stuff did you hear?

Members don't see this ad :)
Make sure you can answer the basic questions, like "How did you get interested in pharmacy?", etc. Research the school and have specific reasons why you want to attend. Also, have specific questions prepared to ask for when they ask you if you have any questions. Look over your application and personal statement. Most important, relax and be confident. Also, following your interview, it doesn't hurt to email your interviewer and thank him or her for meeting with you and answering your questions. Good luck.

Thank you so much for the advice OSURXgirl! It is very helpful !! Now the hard part is going to be to relax...
Leah and FutureRXgal :
I turned in my stuff real early, near the end of July. I heard from them early to mid August (I applied early decision). I wish you both the best of luck with your interviews and applications!!

Hi!

I know that few Pharmacy schools have Early Decision program. How that works? I went to pharmcas.org and it says that If I apply for Early Decision and get accepted at that school and I must accept the admission offer and I can't apply to any other schools after that? Can I apply to more than 1 Early Decision schools? I need some explanation on how Early Decision works.

Thanx!

I am in the VCU PharmD program. It's a great program for clinical specialites such as cardiology, geriatris, oncology, etc... When I had my interview it was layed back. They don't keep a file in front of them- So, they will not grill you on your test scores or anything like that. I would just make sure to keep up with current stories and know what exactly pharmaceutical care involves. Also, dont forget the obvious (ie wear a suite and look professional). If you have any other questons feel free to message me. GL!

npp71681 said:
Hi!

I know that few Pharmacy schools have Early Decision program. How that works? I went to pharmcas.org and it says that If I apply for Early Decision and get accepted at that school and I must accept the admission offer and I can't apply to any other schools after that? Can I apply to more than 1 Early Decision schools? I need some explanation on how Early Decision works.

Thanx!

You've missed the deadline for Early Decision through PharmCAS if you are planning to apply for fall 2005. With Early Decision your app and materials have to be received at PharmCAS by Sept 1 for the following year. Also with Early Decision, you can only apply to one ED school. They will let you know by Oct. 31 if you have been accepted or not. If you are accepted, you are obligated to accept their offer. If you aren't accepted by that date, then they will recycle your app back into their applicant pool, and at that point, you are free to apply to other schools through PharmCAS.

Here's more info: http://www.pharmcas.org/collegesschools/AAGEDPT.htm