VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted also!!!! Congratulations everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to our first group of admissions for next year's class. You should be receiving an e-mail from Certiphi very shortly asking for your permission to do a background check. After you give permission it is usually only 1-3 days before you will get a 2nd e-mail with the results. It will ask you to give permission to release the results to us.The quicker you respond to their requests the quicker that the School can send you your official acceptance letter.

Thanks and welcome to the VCU Class of 2017.

Hi VCU admissions! I received a call today but missed it due to work. Does your school send out rejection notices over the phone? Or notices about missing pre-requisites?

Also, is the admissions office open on Saturday?

Big thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to our first group of admissions for next year's class. You should be receiving an e-mail from Certiphi very shortly asking for your permission to do a background check. After you give permission it is usually only 1-3 days before you will get a 2nd e-mail with the results. It will ask you to give permission to release the results to us.The quicker you respond to their requests the quicker that the School can send you your official acceptance letter.

Hi VCU Admissions!!

Are all of the emails for acceptance for Early Decision applicants sent out today or are there more within the next few days? What is the cut off date? Do rejection letters also get send by emails?

VCU SOP Class of 2017! Couldn't be more excited to start this journey with everyone. Congrats! :):)

Hey guys! I was also accepted yesterday!! Congrats to everyone :) If anyone hears back from Certiphi via email can you let us know...thanks!

Hey guys. First of all Congratulations!! Hopefully I'll be accepted next fall.

Would anyone mind sharing their stats?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using SDN Mobile

I just got a letter for a background check, is that the "unofficial" acceptance letter people have been getting?? o_O

I just got a letter for a background check, is that the "unofficial" acceptance letter people have been getting?? o_O

I just got the Certiphi letter as well. But no, we also got a Preliminary Acceptance e-mail.
If anyone wants my stats just message me :)

Last edited:
I just got the Certiphi letter as well. But no, we also got a Preliminary Acceptance e-mail.
If anyone wants my stats just message me :)

Oh, because I only got the certiphi letter today...no wonder I was freaking out yesterday, I guess they forgot to send me my preliminary acceptance email!!! :/

Hey guys. Sorry about the off topic post. did every get a call or interview or an email? I applied regular decision and I missed a call from admissions friday. I am calling them back monday and Im worried about what it might be!

Hey guys. Sorry about the off topic post. did every get a call or interview or an email? I applied regular decision and I missed a call from admissions friday. I am calling them back monday and Im worried about what it might be!

I also applied regular decision but I was notified via email about my preliminary acceptance...maybe they did call some people..I am not sure though. Hope its good news though! :xf:

Btw I just received the Certiphi email asking me to complete my background check!

Members don't see this ad :)
Vcu calls to offer interviews, so that's must likely what its about

Vcu calls to offer interviews, so that's must likely what its about

I also applied regular decision but I was notified via email about my preliminary acceptance...maybe they did call some people..I am not sure though. Hope its good news though! :xf:

Btw I just received the Certiphi email asking me to complete my background check!

Thanks for the replies guys!

I was just worried about what the call might be about (rejection) because my stats are not so good. I was shocked out of the thousands of applicants, they would call me. :oops:

If we already interviewed for early decision and were deferred to regular decision, will we need to interview again?

Hi VCU Admissions!!

Are all of the emails for acceptance for Early Decision applicants sent out today or are there more within the next few days? What is the cut off date? Do rejection letters also get send by emails?

All Early Decision candidates who were interviewed were sent an e-mail on Friday 10/19 notifying them of the Admissions Committee's decision regarding ED (tentative acceptance, deferral, or denial). Any Early Decision applicant who was interviewed and did not receive an e-mail should contact our Admissions Office at: [email protected]. Early Decision applicants who were not invited for an interview were notified earlier by e-mail that they would be deferred to Regular Decision if not invited for an interview.

Last edited:
Hi VCU admissions! I received a call today but missed it due to work. Does your school send out rejection notices over the phone? Or notices about missing pre-requisites?

Also, is the admissions office open on Saturday?

Big thanks in advance!

All acceptance, deferral, and denial notices are sent by e-mail or letter. A list of missing prerequisites is sent to applicants after admission. No, none of the School's Administrative offices are open on Saturday. FYI: the Dean's Office receptionist is out today (Mon. 10/22), so if you left a messge she should return your call when she returns tomorrow.

All acceptance, deferral, and denial notices are sent by e-mail or letter. A list of missing prerequisites is sent to applicants after admission. No, none of the School's Administrative offices are open on Saturday. FYI: the Dean's Office receptionist is out today (Mon. 10/22), so if you left a messge she should return your call when she returns tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the information!

If we already interviewed for early decision and were deferred to regular decision, will we need to interview again?

No, once an applicant is interviewed and deferred, they will remain under consideration by the Admissions Committee throughout the admissions cycle without needing to interview again.

Hi everyone!
I just got into VCU and another school as well. I was wondering if any current students could share their experiences. I have a three year old daughter and I am unsure if living in a big city like Richmond is a ideal for her. Of course i would want to live close to the school but I am hesitant as we are from NC. So any advise would be amazing to help me in the decision. I would also be giving up a school in NC thays a bit more expensive but has a 100% passing rate on the licensing exam and graduation rate.
Thanks everypne and congrats!

Hey VCU Admissions,

I just got an email from Certiphi saying that my background check has been completed. I signed to release the report. Do I need to actually distribute it to VCU or will the admissions office receive it automatically?

Hi, VCU admissions!

I heard that the interview process would be closed-file. Will I have an opportunity to address any discrepancies on my transcript if needed? (I am assuming closed-file means no one has seen my transcripts yet?)

Thanks in advance!

Hi, VCU admissions!

I heard that the interview process would be closed-file. Will I have an opportunity to address any discrepancies on my transcript if needed? (I am assuming closed-file means no one has seen my transcripts yet?)

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure exactly what your definition of "Closed File" is, but it is true that when applicants are interviewed their interviewers have not seen the student's transcript or PCAT score report. Applicants have the opportunity on the PharmCAS application to address transcript discrepancies in the "Personal Essay" section of the application. Applicants who have been on Academic Probation or who have had other sanctions also have the chance to address those in the "Background Information" section of the application.

Hey VCU Admissions,

I just got an email from Certiphi saying that my background check has been completed. I signed to release the report. Do I need to actually distribute it to VCU or will the admissions office receive it automatically?

Once you give your permission to release the Criminal Background Report, Certiphi will automatically send it to the School. Once the School receives, processes and decides that your background report is acceptable, you will be sent an official letter of acceptance.

Hi everyone! I'm new to SDN! I have been preliminary accepted to VCU pharmacy, but was wondering if anyone has received the final acceptance letter yet..or know when we are supposed to? Thanks!! :)

Hello everyone,

Following is a message from Cynthia McMullen, Director of Public Relations for the VCU School of Pharmacy:

"Hi, I do public relations for the Virginia Commonwealth University School of Pharmacy and look forward to getting to know you during the next few years. We've set up a class page for you -- wondering where to live in Richmond or where to go for fun? Looking for notes from a recent class? (Well, as of August, anyway ... .) Here you go! In the meantime, if you want to get a feel for the school in general, please visit and "like" our official FB page for information on everything from upcoming events to recent news (and lots of photo albums)!"

The VCU School of Pharmacy Facebook page, "VCU School of Pharmacy Class of 2017" is open to everyone, whether you have already been accepted into the Class of 2017, have applied to the Class of 2017, or you are just a friend of the Class of 2017. We discourage individuals from creating "Closed" Facebook pages using the name of the School of Pharmacy.

Hi VCU Admissions,

If I already submitted my background check, when should I expect to receive my official letter of acceptance?

Thank you

Hi VCU Admissions,

If I already submitted my background check, when should I expect to receive my official letter of acceptance?

Thank you

The time could vary depending upon several factors (e.g., have you just given permission for the background check?, have you released the results after the check was complete?, did you indicate immediate release of the results after you were notified?, and how quickly we can review the results in our office and create the official letter). In most cases, we will generate the official letter within 5-10 days of receiving the results.

I was interviewed 09/29 as a regular decision, but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's been 5 weeks. Has anyone who had interview on 9/29, and haven't heard anything back yet same as me? it's a time dread game...:xf:

I was interviewed 09/29 as a regular decision, but I haven't heard anything back yet. It's been 5 weeks. Has anyone who had interview on 9/29, and haven't heard anything back yet same as me? it's a time dread game...:xf:

It says you're Pre-dental. This is the pharmacy forum....:idea:

Last edited:
The interviews are only on Saturday, I don't know if there is one this weekend or not though

Has anyone been able to find the c/o 2017 Facebook group?

anyone who got interviewed as RD on 9/29 heard back yet? The waiting is killing me...:scared:

A post on the Facebook link says November 17th is the last interview date for the Fall! Will there be more interviews later on? I hope so!

They have fall and spring interview sessions. I believe they only mean that the fall interviews will be finalized. Hope this helps!:thumbup:

Does anyone know what a post interview follow up email from vcu means? I interviewed a few weeks ago and just got it today.

I read earlier in this thread and in last years thread that they will send you an email notifying you that your interview was complete. I think that's what it was referring to.