VCU/MCV School of Pharmacy Class of 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what a post interview follow up email from vcu means? I interviewed a few weeks ago and just got it today.

I was interviewed on 11/2 and got the same email today! I panicked and thought the worst of it but then I called to verify what it really meant. Ms. Brown informed me that it just means that the interviewing portion was completed. Our file has not been reviewed yet and will be reviewed later for a final decision.

*Crossing fingers* :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for sharing! Still freaking out and waiting for the final decision!

I walked out of the interview thinking of all the things I could have said or done better. haha, but I guess it's true what they say, we are all our own worst critics. Hopefully, I didn't perform as bad as I thought.

Bottom line Good luck everyone!:thumbup:

I interviewed on Oct. 27th, received that really confusing email yesterday then received my preliminary acceptance email today!

Me too! How do we do the certiphi thing? Do we get an email?

I got my preliminary acceptance email today as well! Congratulations to those that have heard back :) And good luck to all that are still waiting!!!

I interviewed on 11/3 and got accepted today!

I interviewed on 11/3 as well. I have not received any emails yet. :xf: Gotta stay focused and patient! Congratulations to all that have been accepted!

I interviewed on 9/22 for early decision and was deferred to regular decision. I'm pretty sure they are waiting to see either my PCAT scores or my fall grades so all of those who haven't received an answer yet don't worry, just be patient!

Members don't see this ad :)
CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who has been accepted!
If you don't mind, could you pm me your stats please?

I got a question for everyone. Does anyone know how we can check our application status on PharmCAS? Is it under the supplemental materials link or the pharmacy designations link?

THANKS!

I got a question for everyone. Does anyone know how we can check our application status on PharmCAS? Is it under the supplemental materials link or the pharmacy designations link?

THANKS!

It's under pharmacy designations. However, mine has said "mailed" since August so I'm not sure if it is really updated or not.

Thanks! Did you get accepted though? I think it gets updated once someone is accepted. Not sure.

I haven't been accepted yet but once you are accepted they send you an email right away saying "preliminary acceptance letter".

It's under pharmacy designations. However, mine has said "mailed" since August so I'm not sure if it is really updated or not.

I've been accepted to VCU and two other schools and mine still says "mailed" for all of them.

hmm. I remember them mentioning that they only update the pharmcas status when they have made a decision on ALL applicants. Maybe that's why

PharmCAS isn't updated. I asked PharmCAS and they said VCU shouldn't be saying that. They send you the email and an acceptance letter.

A post on the Facebook link says November 17th is the last interview date for the Fall! Will there be more interviews later on? I hope so!

We hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving break and that your preparation for final exams is going well. The VCU SOP has finished our Fall 2012 Interview Days but will be scheduling more Interview Days in the Spring of 2013 in January through March.

We hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving break and that your preparation for final exams is going well. The VCU SOP has finished our Fall 2012 Interview Days but will be scheduling more Interview Days in the Spring of 2013 in January through March.

Dear VCU admissions,

Would it be a good idea to give VCU a call if it has been 4 weeks since our interview and we have not heard back? Or does it usually take more than 4 weeks?

Thank you!

Thanks for the clarification.

Dear VCU admissions,

Would it be a good idea to give VCU a call if it has been 4 weeks since our interview and we have not heard back? Or does it usually take more than 4 weeks?

Thank you!

There is usually no need for a student to call to check on their admission status unless you think there is a communication issue (e.g., you have changed your e-mail or mailing address). Applicants are typically notified of their preliminary acceptance by e-mail within 24 hours of a decision by the Admissions Committee (once your background check is verified as acceptable through Certiphi, an official letter of acceptance is sent).

VCU does not make a final decision on each candidate immediately after the interview. Although some applicants are accepted within a few weeks of their interview, others may be accepted at varying times throughout the interview cycle. There are a number of applicants who might be denied admission upon their first review, but as more information becomes available from PharmCAS (e.g., grade and PCAT updates), they are eventually accepted later in the cycle. Rather than deny admission to these applicants upon their first review, the Admissions Committee will re-review their applications whenever updates are received from PharmCAS.

If you interviewed with us 4 weeks ago you should have received a post-interview e-mail from the School explaining the process and that your application would remain active and under review until the end of the admissions process (usually about mid-May). If you have not received an e-mail of preliminary acceptance yet, it means the Committee has not yet made a decision. If you did not receive the initial e-mail shortly after your interview, you may want to check with us to be sure that we have your correct e-mail address.

There is usually no need for a student to call to check on their admission status unless you think there is a communication issue (e.g., you have changed your e-mail or mailing address). Applicants are typically notified of their preliminary acceptance by e-mail within 24 hours of a decision by the Admissions Committee (once your background check is verified as acceptable through Certiphi, an official letter of acceptance is sent).

VCU does not make a final decision on each candidate immediately after the interview. Although some applicants are accepted within a few weeks of their interview, others may be accepted at varying times throughout the interview cycle. There are a number of applicants who might be denied admission upon their first review, but as more information becomes available from PharmCAS (e.g., grade and PCAT updates), they are eventually accepted later in the cycle. Rather than deny admission to these applicants upon their first review, the Admissions Committee will re-review their applications whenever updates are received from PharmCAS.

If you interviewed with us 4 weeks ago you should have received a post-interview e-mail from the School explaining the process and that your application would remain active and under review until the end of the admissions process (usually about mid-May). If you have not received an e-mail of preliminary acceptance yet, it means the Committee has not yet made a decision. If you did not receive the initial e-mail shortly after your interview, you may want to check with us to be sure that we have your correct e-mail address.

Thank you very much for the clarification!

Just got the official acceptance letter the other day! I was wondering if any one else has started to look for housing in Richmond yet? I've heard lots of mixed reviews about where to live, any suggestions?

I started looking last week for places to live in Richmond as well! I found some nice condos, but it didn't really specify the price.. I was planning on just waiting until the spring time when more people are accepted/ join the fb group - I'm sure people will start discussing living arrangements then! Although I'm still going to look at places online in the meantime...! So exciting!

you guys are looking for living places for fall already?!

I was just curious. I'm not from the area so I don't really know anything about Richmond so that's why I was just looking around!

I'm not either...I should probably also look to just get an idea.

I'm just trying to research the area, so many places to choose!

Just wondering...
Has anyone received an interview invitation for next year?

For any of you who will not be applying to Pharmacy School until next year (Class of 2018), you might be interested in applying to the VCU Summer Academic Enrichment Program (SAEP). The SAEP is an academically intensive, six-week inter-professional academic enrichment program designed to enhance the academic preparation of rising senior undergrduate students and post-baccalaureate students, actively pursuing enrollment in a health professions school. It is a challenging opportunity for pre-pharmacy (10 students), pre-medicine (15 students), pre-dentistry (20 students), and pre-physical therapy students (10 students) to take classes together and develop academic skills that will help individuals become competitive for admission into the health professions track of their choice. There is no cost to accepted students. Housing and a stipend are provided.

For more information and to access the on-line application visit: http://www.dhsd.vcu.edu/programs/college/saep.html

Hi, VCU admissions,

I was just wondering if it was possible for you to provide us with an approxmiate date of when the admissions committee will be meeting next.

Also, will deferred applicants also be reviewed in each meeting?

Thank you!

Hi, VCU admissions,

I was just wondering if it was possible for you to provide us with an approxmiate date of when the admissions committee will be meeting next.

Also, will deferred applicants also be reviewed in each meeting?

Thank you!

Happy New Year! The Spring 2013 interviews at VCU will start up again this Saturday, January 12th. The Admissions Committee will meet for the first time this semester around the end of January and every 2-3 weeks after that until the cycle is complete. All deferred applicants are reconsidered at each meeting, particularly if new information has been received (e.g., Fall 2012 grades, new PCAT scores).

Nope. I'm flying. Do you know where you're staying? I am staying at the Hilton Garden. The prices weren't ridiculous and it is within walking distance of the school.