-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
VCU School of Pharmacy
Started by movingfwd
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
UVA. What are your stats?@farmacee where did you go to school for undergrad?
I am interviewing 9/24! Anyone else interviewing on that day?
hi, mine is on the same day. I wrote an email to admission office, here is the reply "All candidates have a brief orientation to our program, an interview with a faculty member/student team, an interview with an alumnus/student team, a written essay session and a tour of our school and campus."
I am kinda of nervous about the interview. Does anyone have some tips or notices to share? Thanks!
hi, mine is on the same day. I wrote an email to admission office, here is the reply "All candidates have a brief orientation to our program, an interview with a faculty member/student team, an interview with an alumnus/student team, a written essay session and a tour of our school and campus."
I am kinda of nervous about the interview. Does anyone have some tips or notices to share? Thanks!
Haha I'm a P1 this year and remember interviewing last year and all I have to say is don't be nervous! It's very relaxed and laid back. The people I know who didn't get in after the interview was because their PCAT score was too low or some other academic deficiency.
Every single question I got on the interview was posted on this site in the interview section. Practice those (rehearse) and you'll be fine, I guarantee it! 🙂
Haha I'm a P1 this year and remember interviewing last year and all I have to say is don't be nervous! It's very relaxed and laid back. The people I know who didn't get in after the interview was because their PCAT score was too low or some other academic deficiency.
Every single question I got on the interview was posted on this site in the interview section. Practice those (rehearse) and you'll be fine, I guarantee it! 🙂
Thanks for your suggestions. What is the dress code on that day? 😀
Sure, anytime! Definitely professional, interview attire, we all looked like a bunch of corporate execs that day, lol...Thanks for your suggestions. What is the dress code on that day? 😀
Sure, anytime! Definitely professional, interview attire, we all looked like a bunch of corporate execs that day, lol...
somewhat silly question.. do most of girls put their hair down? or up? srry i just never been in a full formal attire that was just curious which one would look more professional
I am interviewing 9/24! Anyone else interviewing on that day?
How was the interview? Also what was your overall experience with the visit to the school? Were there any tricky questions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I interviewed ED last year as well and interviewed on the first day of interviews (9/25)I submitted my application for early decision on 09/01/11 (1 day before the deadline). How long should it take before I hear back from VCU to see if I got invited for an interview?
I got the background check email on 10/22 and the letter around mid-November (they were late so...)
somewhat silly question.. do most of girls put their hair down? or up? srry i just never been in a full formal attire that was just curious which one would look more professional
lol it's fine 🙂 I had my hair down...most seemed to have their hair down, but I know one girl had her hair up so it's probably just what you think looks best on you.
for those of you who have interviewed already, how do you guys feel it went? I interviewed on the 15th, and i thought it was one of the most friendly ones that I've been to.
also, does anyone know if they plan to keep their word about putting up results for early decision applicants by the 21st? I talked to some of the students there on the day of the interview and they told me that they found out days or even weeks after the promised date last year... i hope they do a better job of it this year!
also, does anyone know if they plan to keep their word about putting up results for early decision applicants by the 21st? I talked to some of the students there on the day of the interview and they told me that they found out days or even weeks after the promised date last year... i hope they do a better job of it this year!
Just got an interview invite for Oct. 29th, very excited! Hope to see some of you there, good luck everyone!
I am so apprehensive right now... Did any of the early decision applicants call in VCU to ask when they would post up their decisions on pharmcas? I know it's supposed to be by tmrw but I hope they do it today. Also, last year's thread was a lot more active than this one, so please let's all be more sharing of our thoughts! 🙂
I am so apprehensive right now... Did any of the early decision applicants call in VCU to ask when they would post up their decisions on pharmcas? I know it's supposed to be by tmrw but I hope they do it today. Also, last year's thread was a lot more active than this one, so please let's all be more sharing of our thoughts! 🙂
Agreed! It looks like they heard late on Friday evening last year, so I'm trying not to get nervous until around bedtime tomorrow lol. One thing's for sure: every time I get an email on my phone im going to jump.
I can't wait another 24 hours...
Same here, I'll stay sober till midnight tomorrow, so please call by the end of tomorrow!!!! Because my friend told me she was actually informed later than ED notification deadline (VCU just ignored the deadline..).... trying to have a normal day just in case I don't hear back tomorrow.
I called in last week to admission office if there's been any results made. Melissa told me that they will call people once they make a decision, so just wait for that.
Everyone good luck! don't loose your cell tomorrow-

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They said that PCAT scores wouldn't be available for people that took it in september until the 1st or 2nd wk of november.Is anyone in the same situation as me? I applied early decision, but I took the September PCAT and VCU has not received my scores yet.
Wait there's supposed to be a call?
Yes, I was told that we'll receive a phone call once decision has been made.
As we received a call when we were offered with an interview i guess?
Yes, I was told that we'll receive a phone call once decision has been made.
As we received a call when we were offered with an interview i guess?
Nevermind, I just received an acceptance letter via email!!! 🙂
So look for your email !
yep got the email while standing in line at a supermarket and flipped out on everyone standing near me =]
CONGRATS to everyone who received good news and those of you who didnt still have a really good chance according to people who got in later last year so dont lose hope!!!
has anyone made a fb group yet for the class of 2016?
CONGRATS to everyone who received good news and those of you who didnt still have a really good chance according to people who got in later last year so dont lose hope!!!
has anyone made a fb group yet for the class of 2016?
yep got the email while standing in line at a supermarket and flipped out on everyone standing near me =]
CONGRATS to everyone who received good news and those of you who didnt still have a really good chance according to people who got in later last year so dont lose hope!!!
has anyone made a fb group yet for the class of 2016?
I agree that facebook is the next step 👍
Anyone started it yet? Don't want there to be more than one... how confusing lol
OK, I broke down and made a Facebook group. I hope the link works!
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182400728508220/
http://www.facebook.com/groups/182400728508220/
Last edited:
Congrats to all of the accepted ED candidates!!! 🙂 I will be interviewing on Nov. 12th. I'm really exited. Anyone else interviewing that day?
Last edited:
Congrats to all of the accepted ED candidates!!! 🙂 I will be interviewing on Nov. 12th. I'm really exited. Anyone else interviewing that day?
I assume you are a regular candidate, I am right? If so when did you receive the supplemental application and how long did it take to get the interview invite after submitting the supplemental application?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I assume you are a regular candidate, I am right? If so when did you receive the supplemental application and how long did it take to get the interview invite after submitting the supplemental application?
Yes, I am a regular candidate. They will mail you the supplemental application after they call you for an interview invitation. You only have to fill out the supplemental if you get invited. My PharmCAS application was mailed to them on 10/20 and they called me that same day.
Yes, I am a regular candidate. They will mail you the supplemental application after they call you for an interview invitation. You only have to fill out the supplemental if you get invited. My PharmCAS application was mailed to them on 10/20 and they called me that same day.
Oh ok. So the invitation is through a "phone call"? No emails?
Thanks for the reply though.
Oh ok. So the invitation is through a "phone call"? No emails?
Thanks for the reply though.
Yup... no emails. Only a phone call. Sorry if I wasn't clear in my first post. 😳
I applied regular decision. Non-traditional student,W&M grad. Interview Oct.29th. How long does it take to hear back for regular decision applicants?
I sent a FB note asking to note group as a candidate. Is this group for accepted students only? If so I will wait to hear of course.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K