VCU School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

movingfwd

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So who is applying to VCU this year? Can we post our stats, please?

Undergrad school you went to:
GPA:
PCAT:
Other schools you're applying to:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm applying early decision.

My GPA is 2.9.
MY PCAT is 79th percentile.

@farmacee where did you go to school for undergrad?

Members don't see this ad :)
PCAT: taking middle of Sept.
GPA: 3.5, science GPA: 3.3

coming from UVA (graduated May 2010)

I am interviewing 9/24! Anyone else interviewing on that day?

hi, mine is on the same day. I wrote an email to admission office, here is the reply "All candidates have a brief orientation to our program, an interview with a faculty member/student team, an interview with an alumnus/student team, a written essay session and a tour of our school and campus."

I am kinda of nervous about the interview. Does anyone have some tips or notices to share? Thanks!

hi, mine is on the same day. I wrote an email to admission office, here is the reply "All candidates have a brief orientation to our program, an interview with a faculty member/student team, an interview with an alumnus/student team, a written essay session and a tour of our school and campus."

I am kinda of nervous about the interview. Does anyone have some tips or notices to share? Thanks!

Haha I'm a P1 this year and remember interviewing last year and all I have to say is don't be nervous! It's very relaxed and laid back. The people I know who didn't get in after the interview was because their PCAT score was too low or some other academic deficiency.

Every single question I got on the interview was posted on this site in the interview section. Practice those (rehearse) and you'll be fine, I guarantee it! :)

I submitted my application for early decision on 09/01/11 (1 day before the deadline). How long should it take before I hear back from VCU to see if I got invited for an interview?

interviewing on 9/24 too! have all my midterms on next week...kinda lost how to prepare..

Haha I'm a P1 this year and remember interviewing last year and all I have to say is don't be nervous! It's very relaxed and laid back. The people I know who didn't get in after the interview was because their PCAT score was too low or some other academic deficiency.

Every single question I got on the interview was posted on this site in the interview section. Practice those (rehearse) and you'll be fine, I guarantee it! :)

Thanks for your suggestions. What is the dress code on that day? :D

Thanks for your suggestions. What is the dress code on that day? :D
Sure, anytime! Definitely professional, interview attire, we all looked like a bunch of corporate execs that day, lol...

Members don't see this ad :)

Sure, anytime! Definitely professional, interview attire, we all looked like a bunch of corporate execs that day, lol...

somewhat silly question.. do most of girls put their hair down? or up? srry i just never been in a full formal attire that was just curious which one would look more professional

How was the interview? Also what was your overall experience with the visit to the school? Were there any tricky questions?

I submitted my application for early decision on 09/01/11 (1 day before the deadline). How long should it take before I hear back from VCU to see if I got invited for an interview?
I interviewed ED last year as well and interviewed on the first day of interviews (9/25)

I got the background check email on 10/22 and the letter around mid-November (they were late so...)

somewhat silly question.. do most of girls put their hair down? or up? srry i just never been in a full formal attire that was just curious which one would look more professional

lol it's fine :) I had my hair down...most seemed to have their hair down, but I know one girl had her hair up so it's probably just what you think looks best on you.

so for people who interviewed on 9/24..haven't heard anything yet, right?
feels like it's forever... i'm thinking of calling to the admission office or so ..

I interviewed on 10/8 and in PharmCAS under designations the status changed from "mailed" to "revised" on 10/10. What does this mean?!

I noticed that this morning as well and contacted pharmcas. The most recent revision is the submission of our personal statements to turnitin for plagairism review.

for those of you who have interviewed already, how do you guys feel it went? I interviewed on the 15th, and i thought it was one of the most friendly ones that I've been to.

also, does anyone know if they plan to keep their word about putting up results for early decision applicants by the 21st? I talked to some of the students there on the day of the interview and they told me that they found out days or even weeks after the promised date last year... i hope they do a better job of it this year!

I thought they have to notify us by 21st...which I've been waiting forever!

I felt the same too, they were all extremely friendly!
I think I'm going to call the admission office if I don't hear back anything till 21st..

Has anyone heard anything yet? I'm getting antsy

I haven't heard anything either... I'm really hoping Friday is the big day :)

Just got an interview invite for Oct. 29th, very excited! Hope to see some of you there, good luck everyone!

I am so apprehensive right now... Did any of the early decision applicants call in VCU to ask when they would post up their decisions on pharmcas? I know it's supposed to be by tmrw but I hope they do it today. Also, last year's thread was a lot more active than this one, so please let's all be more sharing of our thoughts! :)

I am so apprehensive right now... Did any of the early decision applicants call in VCU to ask when they would post up their decisions on pharmcas? I know it's supposed to be by tmrw but I hope they do it today. Also, last year's thread was a lot more active than this one, so please let's all be more sharing of our thoughts! :)

Agreed! It looks like they heard late on Friday evening last year, so I'm trying not to get nervous until around bedtime tomorrow lol. One thing's for sure: every time I get an email on my phone im going to jump.

Is anyone in the same situation as me? I applied early decision, but I took the September PCAT and VCU has not received my scores yet.

I can't wait another 24 hours...

Same here, I'll stay sober till midnight tomorrow, so please call by the end of tomorrow!!!! Because my friend told me she was actually informed later than ED notification deadline (VCU just ignored the deadline..).... trying to have a normal day just in case I don't hear back tomorrow.

I called in last week to admission office if there's been any results made. Melissa told me that they will call people once they make a decision, so just wait for that.

Everyone good luck! don't loose your cell tomorrow-:luck:

I feel like a ball of nerves.... this waiting feels like forever!!

Is anyone in the same situation as me? I applied early decision, but I took the September PCAT and VCU has not received my scores yet.
They said that PCAT scores wouldn't be available for people that took it in september until the 1st or 2nd wk of november.

Eeek! Today should be the day! I'm surprised how well i slept last night lol :)

Wait there's supposed to be a call?

Yes, I was told that we'll receive a phone call once decision has been made.
As we received a call when we were offered with an interview i guess?

Yes, I was told that we'll receive a phone call once decision has been made.
As we received a call when we were offered with an interview i guess?

Nevermind, I just received an acceptance letter via email!!! :)
So look for your email !

JUST GOT MY EMAIL! congrats to everyone! to those who got deferred, hang in there

yep got the email while standing in line at a supermarket and flipped out on everyone standing near me =]
CONGRATS to everyone who received good news and those of you who didnt still have a really good chance according to people who got in later last year so dont lose hope!!!

has anyone made a fb group yet for the class of 2016?

yep got the email while standing in line at a supermarket and flipped out on everyone standing near me =]
CONGRATS to everyone who received good news and those of you who didnt still have a really good chance according to people who got in later last year so dont lose hope!!!

has anyone made a fb group yet for the class of 2016?

I agree that facebook is the next step :thumbup:

Anyone started it yet? Don't want there to be more than one... how confusing lol

got my letter today and freaked all my roommates out lol. Someone should start a group then post it up on here!

Congrats to all of the accepted ED candidates!!! :) I will be interviewing on Nov. 12th. I'm really exited. Anyone else interviewing that day?

Last edited:
Congrats to all of the accepted ED candidates!!! :) I will be interviewing on Nov. 12th. I'm really exited. Anyone else interviewing that day?

I assume you are a regular candidate, I am right? If so when did you receive the supplemental application and how long did it take to get the interview invite after submitting the supplemental application?

I assume you are a regular candidate, I am right? If so when did you receive the supplemental application and how long did it take to get the interview invite after submitting the supplemental application?

Yes, I am a regular candidate. They will mail you the supplemental application after they call you for an interview invitation. You only have to fill out the supplemental if you get invited. My PharmCAS application was mailed to them on 10/20 and they called me that same day.

Yes, I am a regular candidate. They will mail you the supplemental application after they call you for an interview invitation. You only have to fill out the supplemental if you get invited. My PharmCAS application was mailed to them on 10/20 and they called me that same day.

Oh ok. So the invitation is through a "phone call"? No emails?
Thanks for the reply though.

I applied regular decision. Non-traditional student,W&M grad. Interview Oct.29th. How long does it take to hear back for regular decision applicants?

I sent a FB note asking to note group as a candidate. Is this group for accepted students only? If so I will wait to hear of course.