VCU School of Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I will see you there then :)

Members don't see this ad.

The Facebook group will be for accepted students. Good luck on your interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied regular decision. Non-traditional student,W&M grad. Interview Oct.29th. How long does it take to hear back for regular decision applicants?
I applied regular decision and interviewed Oct15th and heard that I got accepted last Friday the 21st.

for those of you who've already interviewed or have been invited, did you receive any communication from VCU before the invitation? all my schools have sent an email at least acknowledging the receipt of my pharmcas but i haven't heard anything at all from VCU!

for those of you who've already interviewed or have been invited, did you receive any communication from VCU before the invitation? all my schools have sent an email at least acknowledging the receipt of my pharmcas but i haven't heard anything at all from VCU!

I think since VCU uses rolling admission and Early Decision, after being done with the ED applicants they r now considering the normal rolling admission starting from those who completed the PharmCAS in August. That's just my opinion.

Wow, that's great! Congratulations! It will be a suspenseful wait, that is for sure.
I was so impressed with school, and hope they were impressed with me too. We will see. Happy Class of 2016~!

Hey, I interviewed this past Saturday and received an email confirming that I completed the interview. The email said:

"Please note, that your file will remain active and under review by the committee, throughout the entire admissions cycle. Your admissions status in PharmCAS will be updated, once a final decision has been determined. Our office will send a final decision letter at that time."

Does this mean that I will have to wait until late next year when they are done with interviews to hear back about a decision?

Also, dumb question but how do you check the acceptance status for your app in PharmCAS?

Hey, I interviewed this past Saturday and received an email confirming that I completed the interview. The email said:

"Please note, that your file will remain active and under review by the committee, throughout the entire admissions cycle. Your admissions status in PharmCAS will be updated, once a final decision has been determined. Our office will send a final decision letter at that time."

Does this mean that I will have to wait until late next year when they are done with interviews to hear back about a decision?

Also, dumb question but how do you check the acceptance status for your app in PharmCAS?

Congrats on the interview! Good luck! :thumbup:

I also applied regular decision (mailed out in August) but was accepted in the first round with the early decision applicants. My PharmCAS application still has my pharmacy designation status as "mailed." Even after the acceptance, nothing has changed. Also, I did not receive an email like yours. :confused: Although their phone lines are always busy, they are really good about responding back to voicemails and emails.. :)

ChemtoPharm-I interviewed Saturday as well and got the same email message. My thought is that the best thing to do is try to wait without fretting (hard to do, for sure).
They will get back to us. Good luck to you, and please keep us all posted! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
ChemtoPharm-I interviewed Saturday as well and got the same email message. My thought is that the best thing to do is try to wait without fretting (hard to do, for sure).
They will get back to us. Good luck to you, and please keep us all posted! :)

Thank you both for responding, I guess I do just need to take a breath and relax about it.

Good luck to you as well tarrah!

To whoever has received the acceptance letter already, do you know when the deadline is to send in the payment and whatever else? I haven't had the chance to get my letter from home yet, thanks

To whoever has received the acceptance letter already, do you know when the deadline is to send in the payment and whatever else? I haven't had the chance to get my letter from home yet, thanks

November 28! $500 matriculation deposit (I'm not sure if this price varies for in-state/out-of-state students or not...I'm in-state). Check or money order addressed to VCU. Also don't forget to include your 2''x2'' photo!

The school originally lost my supplemental applications, so they had to resend it. Give them a call if you haven't received your letter yet. :)

has anyone who applied regular decision gotten the supplementary application request yet?

my pharmCAS application was sent to them on 10/31 and I still haven't gotten any email from them not even an acknowledgment that they received my application.

Thank you

has anyone who applied regular decision gotten the supplementary application request yet?

my pharmCAS application was sent to them on 10/31 and I still haven't gotten any email from them not even an acknowledgment that they received my application.

Thank you

Hello there,

My own experience is that VCU will call you and let you know that they want to interview you. Once you commit to an interview time they will send you a supplemental application. Good luck!

Just got my preliminary acceptance email for VCU! WOOOT! Going to wait to hear back from the other schools I interviewed at and then make a decision!

Just got my preliminary acceptance email for VCU! WOOOT! Going to wait to hear back from the other schools I interviewed at and then make a decision!

Me too! Thrilled!! Congrats, ChemtoPharm!!!

just got my acceptance email yesterday too!! Wooo!:highfive::soexcited:

Congrats to you as well! Is VCU your top choice?

Oh, yes :) Definitely. I work with a number of clinical pharmacists who graduated from the program and I feel like VCU provides top notch education. I am thrilled!

Are you still in the decision-making process?

Oh, yes :) Definitely. I work with a number of clinical pharmacists who graduated from the program and I feel like VCU provides top notch education. I am thrilled!

Are you still in the decision-making process?

Yeah, I would really like to move out west for school, but VCU is attractive because of the excellent quality education you mentioned as well as the in state tuition! It'll be a hard decision for sure if I get into Colorado.

just got my acceptance email yesterday too!! Wooo!:highfive::soexcited:

Congrats!

Hi guys! Popping in from the prevet forum. My boyfriend was accepted to VCU School of Pharm. What is the difference between the preliminary acceptance and the acceptance letter?

Hi guys! Popping in from the prevet forum. My boyfriend was accepted to VCU School of Pharm. What is the difference between the preliminary acceptance and the acceptance letter?

The preliminary acceptance is an acceptance pending a background check. The official acceptance letter comes after the background check finds that you aren't a mass murderer.

How far is the school from the airport?? Is there public transportation?

Has anyone received an official acceptance letter yet?

Has anyone received an official acceptance letter yet?

Hello,

Some of us are still waiting for the "official-post background check" letter. VCU says it could be 2-3 weeks, and a couple of pharmacy students that I've spoken with have said that their letters were slow in coming. Hope this helps!

Thank you. We are just a bit worried because deadlines for other schools are fast approaching. We tried to call the admissions office, but no one picked up.

Just declined my offer of acceptance, hopefully it'll open up a seat for one of you all. Best of luck!

Thank you. We are just a bit worried because deadlines for other schools are fast approaching. We tried to call the admissions office, but no one picked up.
Hello-got mine today, so should be soon. Good luck!

Did you accept the offer out West? Anyway, good luck to you!

I put a deposit down on my second choice, Wyoming, and am still waiting to hear back from Colorado. VCU seems great, I'm just ready for a change of environment. Good luck to you as well!

I had my interview on Nov. 12th.. Is there anyone who has gotten an acceptance letter from VCU? The admission staff said 5-6 weeks.. I am getting anxcious !!

I interviewed 12 Nov and got an email from VCU on 2 Dec saying that I was admitted and that I would get a background check email. Background check couldn't verify my SSN, though, so that's holding things up a bit.

Anyone else get an interview invite for February 11th? So excited... :D I just hope there are more than a few seats left at this point in the cycle. :xf:

Yes, I am a regular candidate. They will mail you the supplemental application after they call you for an interview invitation. You only have to fill out the supplemental if you get invited. My PharmCAS application was mailed to them on 10/20 and they called me that same day.

Hi,
I also had a question about the supplemental application. I just sent in my pharmcas to the school, is that all we need to send until they notify us if they want to interview us? I was just wondering because it's odd that we don't fill out the pre-req form that we send to them before the interview offer. I hope you can clarify this for me, thank you!

Hi,
I also had a question about the supplemental application. I just sent in my pharmcas to the school, is that all we need to send until they notify us if they want to interview us? I was just wondering because it's odd that we don't fill out the pre-req form that we send to them before the interview offer. I hope you can clarify this for me, thank you!

Yup, that is all you need to do. I don't believe that there is a preliminary pre-req from that you have to fill out. They will send you a list of required pre-reqs that need to be completed after they accept you. Hope this helps. :)

Interviewing March 3rd. Can't wait!

3.2 GPA, 93 percentile PCAT

Anyone else get an interview invite for February 11th? So excited... :D I just hope there are more than a few seats left at this point in the cycle. :xf:
I'm interviewing Saturday as well!

Do you two that are interviewing mind giving your stats? Like what types of extracurricular activities you were involved in and such?

I had my interview in november, but hadn't taken the PCAT yet. Took it in January. Waiting to hear back now. Does anyone know how they contact you? Via email, pharmcas, phone call, etc.

I had my interview in november, but hadn't taken the PCAT yet. Took it in January. Waiting to hear back now. Does anyone know how they contact you? Via email, pharmcas, phone call, etc.

I got an email yesterday for acceptance, but I need to be background checked before the final letter of acceptance be mailed.

Do you two that are interviewing mind giving your stats? Like what types of extracurricular activities you were involved in and such?
I'm a tutor for the MCAT and I've got 1000+ hours as a pharm tech.