VCU status update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C.P. Jones

Catface Majigger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Admissions Committee has met to discuss your file. Your application is being placed on hold for action at a later date. We anticipate making offers October 15, December 15, January 15, and March 15.

You will receive no further communication from us concerning your hold status. The next status change will be to offer you a position in the class, to notify you that you have been placed on the alternate list in mid-March, or to notify you that the committee will no longer be considering your file.

We thank you for your interest in our school.

I thought the decision would be on March 15th????? what is this???? why am i on hold at so many schools!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

That's the msg everyone gets just to tell 'em that they've gone to committee post-interview for review already. Doesn't mean a damned thing, don't worry!

That's the msg everyone gets just to tell 'em that they've gone to committee post-interview for review already. Doesn't mean a damned thing, don't worry!

haha, thanks :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think VCU's got a stack of incoherent/meaningless messages they can opt to serve you during this process, a few are written in hieroglyphics...

I know this is a ridiculous question...but for the survey they send to you as an update...does anyone remember if marking everything as really positive was on the left or the right of the group of bubbles? I filled it in late at night after a long day at work, and I thought the interview day was run really well and I wanted to give high remarks, but I am now concerned I filled it out wrong. I know they say its annonymous, are they not going to look at it until after the interview season is over? I was hoping they were going to give me a status update after the survey, but i didn't get one. Ah well, I know I have to wait until March 15th anyway!