VCU Status Update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zeus22

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"The committee's file review indicates that they are interested in your candidacy. However, due to the increase in the applicant pool this year, it is clear we MAY be unable to interview all the candidates at your priority score. If we do find that we are able to grant an interview you will be notified by e-mail."

Has anyone received this type of status from VCU lately and received an interview? If so how long after the update do you get the interview invite? Should I send a Letter of Interest? If I do send one what is the preferred method - snail mail or e-mail?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

whorf.gif

Been done a billion times. You might get an interview invite if spaces open up.

Hah! Loved it Armybound!

Members don't see this ad :)
There is a thread about this same question, so i would suggest trying to find it. Nevertheless, i think VCU sends out several kinds of emails, and the kind you got is like 1 of the 3 options. There is one that says "your invited," "we will call you soon," and, then yours, "we MAY invite you." So, it soons like the one you got is the worst. However, it seems that people have been invited with any of the the message types.

Anyway, when did you receieve your update? I applied shortly after you and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks

There is a thread about this same question, so i would suggest trying to find it. Nevertheless, i think VCU sends out several kinds of emails, and the kind you got is like 1 of the 3 options. There is one that says "your invited," "we will call you soon," and, then yours, "we MAY invite you." So, it soons like the one you got is the worst. However, it seems that people have been invited with any of the the message types.

Anyway, when did you receieve your update? I applied shortly after you and haven't heard anything yet. Thanks

I just received it today.

I got a message saying that I MAY get an interview and a couple of weeks later I did! So don't worry, there's still hope.

whorf.gif

Been done a billion times. You might get an interview invite if spaces open up.

my sentiment exactly.

good gracious, there are probably 15 threads on this.

it means exactly what it says: you may get an interview. I would be prepared to wait a while.

i can tell you that I got the "you may get an interview email" in august. I finally got the interview invite in mid October, and my interview isn't until January 6th. so yeah... make yourself comfortable and good luck