Vegas, wife or no

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xiphoid2010

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A nurse friend is getting married and he invited me to his bachelor party in Vegas in April. He's good with ladies and the party is probably gonna be killer wild.

Heard alot about parties in Vegas but I've never been to one, but I did watch Hangover once. Part of me is itching to party like it's P1 year again, but married with 2 little ones now is giving me pause. Did tell my wife, but didn't offer to bring her along, yet...

To party or not to party, that is the question. What say you!

Update: wife initially wanted to tag along just not go to the party. But after a assuring talk, she gave me the green light to go by myself this time, in exchange for a family vacation there in the future.
 
Last edited:
Wait, you're asking if you should bring your wife to a bachelor party?

I could bring her along to see Vegas (she has never been there before either and wanted to see the sin city), but she can't go to the bachelorarty since she's not invited. But just bring her probably will cramp my partying, but taking her along would be the "good boy" way to go...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My husband and I got married in Vegas. It's not as exciting as you think...unless you have tons of cash to burn or you enjoy meth and diseased hookers. You should check out the casino floor at the Venetian though. As long as you're feeding their pit bosses they'll bring you drinks on the house.
 
What age did you get marry? It seems like you wanted a few more years of the single life before settling down?
 
My husband and I got married in Vegas. It's not as exciting as you think...unless you have tons of cash to burn or you enjoy meth and diseased hookers. You should check out the casino floor at the Venetian though. As long as you're feeding their pit bosses they'll bring you drinks on the house.

Lol, the hotel his best man reserved just to happens to be the Venetian.
 
My husband and I got married in Vegas. It's not as exciting as you think...unless you have tons of cash to burn or you enjoy meth and diseased hookers. You should check out the casino floor at the Venetian though. As long as you're feeding their pit bosses they'll bring you drinks on the house.
Not necessarily "tons" of cash. If you and a group go to Tao or Hakasan, get bottle service, it's like $1000-1500 split among the group, and that'll be more than enough excitement. Any of the casinos will offer free drinks while you gamble, but then they're really not free, since you're putting your money into the machines or tables.
 
Is this a real question?
Unfortunately its real. Wife is saying she would like to go to see Vegas while we men are off partying. Being married means I have to consider my wife's wishes.

I see the advice is pretty unanimous. Never been to Vegas, but there must be some truth to what goes on in Vegas stays in Vegas. Probably don't need my wife see how I am the morning after the party.
 
Let's see. You are a married man with two children. You want to go to Vegas and drink until you puke or are so drunk you don't remember if you did or did not sleep with hookers at the bachelor party and you want to know if you should take your wife along. She will find out when she gets the clap in six weeks.....
 
I am a woman and I say don't take her with you this time. Promise her you will take her to Vegas some other time. My first time in Vegas was for my best friend's birthday trip a couple of years back. Married with two kids and that was my first time ever traveling without my kids. I didn't really enjoy Vegas like the rest of the group (I left them at the club and walked back to the hotel to sleep and also dragged everyone back to the casino after walking aimlessly around the strip twice), but I was glad my husband wasn't tagging along on the trip. He was jealous though when he picked me up from the airport. You will be surprised that you won't be interested in a lot of things your friends are doing but you will love the freedom.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All this talk of STDs. The idea of a bachelor party is to let the groom have one last hurrah, and the rest of us is there mainly to make that happen. At least for me, I want to have plenty of Vegas's offerings of inappropriate fun but doesn't include actually cheating on my wife.
 
Let's see. You are a married man with two children. You want to go to Vegas and drink until you puke or are so drunk you don't remember if you did or did not sleep with hookers at the bachelor party and you want to know if you should take your wife along. She will find out when she gets the clap in six weeks.....

THIS.

You don't even have to go to Vegas to do that.
 
THIS.

You don't even have to go to Vegas to do that.

You miss the part that my friend's bachelor party is set in Vegas. It's his party, as his friend I'll be there for him, no question or buts. The complication is my wife wants to tag along, but like others said, it's probably a bad idea.
 
I'm definitely not trying to burst your bubble but...the whole "boys will be boys" sentiment is no longer valid once you're a married man with children. If you plan to do things that would have you apologizing and buying your lady expensive jewelry if she found out, you should probably reevaluate the situation. On a side note, the Venetian really is stunning.
 
At least you won't have to give your kid their nebulizer treatment for a couple days. Leave her home, get the action you deserve, get some Zithromax and a couple liters of IV fluid at the minute clinic, and grab fancy purse on your way back home at the airprt
 
I'm definitely not trying to burst your bubble but...the whole "boys will be boys" sentiment is no longer valid once you're a married man with children. If you plan to do things that would have you apologizing and buying your lady expensive jewelry if she found out, you should probably reevaluate the situation. On a side note, the Venetian really is stunning.

Why is everyone thinking that a married man is going to sleep with hookers at a bachelor party? Many of us who will be there are married. We all been to wild parties before without cheating on our girlfriends or wives. And being married doesn't mean you forget your friends at the biggest moments of their lives. And since I'm not cheating, I'm not going to have to apologize to my wife.

PS, Looking forward to see what the whole hoopla around Vegas and the Venetian are all about.
 
Last edited:
Probably because you mentioned Hangover in your original post.

All in all, if your wife says she wants to go, she is going. The rest is up to your interpersonal skills, which should be better than most of ours.
 
Why is everyone thinking that a married man is going to sleep with hookers at a bachelor party? Many of us who will be there are married. We all been to wild parties before without cheating on our girlfriends or wives. And being married doesn't mean you forget your friends at the biggest moments of their lives. And since I'm not cheating, I'm not going to have to apologize to my wife.

PS, Looking forward to see what the whole hoopla around Vegas and the Venetian are all about.

cheat on her already. You deserve it
 
And he has a history of badmouthing his wife and their extracurricular activities on here

And what marriage is free of trouble? People vent when they are upset. And you forgot to mention all the good things I have said about my wife as well. Biased much?

My marriage is doing great, thankyouverymuch, probably can't say the same for yours, if you are even married.
 
Probably because you mentioned Hangover in your original post.

All in all, if your wife says she wants to go, she is going. The rest is up to your interpersonal skills, which should be better than most of ours.

Mentioned it just because it's about Vegas and a bachelor party, and since I've never been to Vegas, hence using the Hangover as a "but I did sleep at a Holiday inn last night" reference.

What I find strange is some people who say that married men can't go to bachelor parties. Being married adds to your life, it doesn't mean you lose your life and your friends. Men sometimes need to be themselves, and so do women. My wife clearly gets that and didn't even say a word against me going there. If my wife, a conservative Asian gal, has no problem with it, I find it strange that others who must be more liberal than her are opposed to it.
 
Last edited:
My marriage is fine and even if it wasn't I wouldn't complain on sdn if I wasn't getting enough or I had to take care of my kid

That's your choice. It's a public forum, some people vent about saturation all day, I can occasionally mention what bothered me at home as well as praise my wife for how understanding and motived to succeed she is. I'm more open and that's my choice.
 
just take her...vegas is only as good/bad as you make it...a night like in "the hangover" doesn't always happen

there are SO many other things that are not hookers/strip clubs that you guys can do (together) and she can do by herself (or with the kids? or one of the other guys' wife?)

bachelor parties do involve a lot of drinking and hitting on girls, but a lot of guys go home empty handed (or overpaying a hooker for 30 mins of "action"), so the way I see it, you bring her, spend the day/afternoon with her doing sightseeing (cause the boys will be hungover and sleeping in anyways), then have her find something to do while you're out w' the boys, and you will have a beautiful girl guaranteed to sleep with you when you stumble back to your room at 4am

when is it?

I have 2 dirt bikes and a kiddie quad - you want to ride the desert in the afternoon w' your wife?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
^ I'm itching to see what the best man has set up for him, bet is gonna be hilarious, especially with all the booze onboard. Been thinking what I can add to his party. Right now thinking Salvia which is legal in Nevada last I looked. Who said pharmacy school doesn't teach interesting stuff?

UPDATE: Wife agreed not to go. Explained that its really a guys only weekend, and we can go take our kids and all go the next time. Just like that, I have the green light. Good call Dread Pirate.
 
Last edited:
Don't bring your wife. Girls suck. You and your friend can't let loose and do what boys want to do if she is around. Hell, even the conversation topics will be severely limited and crappy with girls around. Do not bring significant others. The end.
 
I'm a wife and I vote for no, don't take her.

If my husband went to Vegas for a bachelor party, I probably would sulk around a little bit (just because I'm a brat like that). But it seems lame to take your wife along, even if she isn't planning on going to the actual party. Take her some other time. Or encourage her to plan a wild girls' weekend away from you with her friends.
 
I wasn't suggesting you would cheat on your wife. I was just pointing out that if you decided to take her along and then you come back to the room smelling like Calgon body spray covered in glitter...you might want to consider letting her sit this one out. I'm also a wife and like mustang sally voted, I vote no. Just bring her back something special.
 
af448685e61acc4b063ec7fd5d2828486f8a3617a55033554d546580a680327f.jpg
 
Don't bring your wife. Girls suck. You and your friend can't let loose and do what boys want to do if she is around. Hell, even the conversation topics will be severely limited and crappy with girls around. Do not bring significant others. The end.

Reverse the genders and the same thing applies. 😏 :hardy: :corny:
 
any wild girls weekends in vegas to make up for your significant others' going to a bachelor party - pls post your dates, haha
 
what's wrong with you? I say no wife, bring condoms, borrow some PenVK from work and keep your mouth shut forever🙂 that's the difficult part.

Hell no, a man's got to have some principles. Seeping with a hooker or cheating on my wife is beneath me. Now getting totally wasted, acting a fool o the dance floor and watching some strip tease is still within line, something I can still look my wife and kids straight in the eyes with.
 
Hell no, a man's got to have some principles. Seeping with a hooker or cheating on my wife is beneath me. Now getting totally wasted, acting a fool o the dance floor and watching some strip tease is still within line, something I can still look my wife and kids straight in the eyes with.
You're really setting yourself up for a good one here....
 
Hell no, a man's got to have some principles. Seeping with a hooker or cheating on my wife is beneath me. Now getting totally wasted, acting a fool o the dance floor and watching some strip tease is still within line, something I can still look my wife and kids straight in the eyes with.
I am pretty sure he was kidding.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think you're missing out if you don't cheat on your wife in Vegas.

Sarcasm aside Vegas is pretty boring. I saw two people beat themselves to a bloody pulp outside of Circus Circus, twice, last time I went though.
 
you going cougar hunting? 🙂

gotta pay my student loans somehow!

I keep working so hard, paying into a high tax bracket, trying to live below my means and invest...blah blah blah...I need to work smarter, not harder

@ OP - I am planning a bachelor party in July - here is my plan for my friend:

Thursday, July 9th
7am - drive from socal - bring pre-game booze, mixers, snacks, cigars, condoms, speakers
12:00pm - pickup bachelor
1:00pm - go straight to gun range w' bachelor alone, shoot AK47 (WHILE SOBER!)
3:00pm ->> let others trickle in, eat, drink @ slots/tables, eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:00pm - THE PARTY STARTS: ride "the linq" - 30 min observation wheel ride, all you can drink, living social deal, $35
11:00pm - surprise "in house massage" back in the room (set this up in advance)
12:00pm - strip club - likely spearmint rhino

Friday, July 10th
-start w' mimosas and classic Vegas buffet
-Beach/Pool party during day
-steak dinner in evening
-10pm-2am party bus tour - 3 nightclubs, living social deal $55, all-you-can-drink on the bus
-2am - strip club - likely sapphire

Saturday, July 11th
-let 'em sleep in
-chill, gamble, nice dinner
-EDM club(?)
-12am strip cub - likely palomino...maybe even skip if everyone's stripped out and/or broke

Sunday - every goes home (alive?)
 
Last edited:
Eh, whatever you choose to do, I hope you come back here and tell us all about it! (nobody will tell your wife, just like Vegas, what happens in the Pharmacy Forums stays in the pharmacy forums)