Vent

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rugger81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else's committee LOR still not go out yet? Mine hasn't, but my college pre-med office has sent out a lot of other peoples' stuff weeks ago. One girl I went to college with already has interviews.

It's so freaking frsutrating to be sitting here waiting for a letter to be sent. I've called, emailed, and they just say "it will be going out soon."

Members don't see this ad.

one of my letters was supposed to be in two weeks ago, and in a meeting the other day with my advisor, he said he still hasn't written it yet.

my letters havent even been written yet, if that makes ya'll feel better hahaha :p .....yeah, it'll be a while for me....but looking at the rejection thread, maybe thats a good thing!

Members don't see this ad :)
three of my four letters were turned in weeks ago to my letter service office and my school. the fourth? she took off for india at the beginning of the summer. i knoew she was gonna be outta town so i asked her waaayyy ahead of time to write me a letter and turn it in before she leaves. she said it shouldnt be a prob at all. so then around mid summer (after i got back from a foreign travel) i emailed her to find out the deal with the letter. not only did she not turn it in but she was gonna be outta town until end of august. she said she would mail it in anyway...a month later, after multiple emails (with no response), i finally get an apologetic email from her (today) saying she didnt have email access for the later half of her trip and that she will finally turn in the letter monday - 3 months after it was supposed to be in. circumstances were pretty unfortunate as she didn't have email access, but still..it sucks that i have to wait so long. im sure her letter will rock tho cuz we are very close. point is - there is SOO much time left so its all good. i had to get an extension for feinberg (twice actually) cuz of the problems, but most other schools dont have strict deadlines on the recs..

wends said:
my letters havent even been written yet, if that makes ya'll feel better hahaha :p .....yeah, it'll be a while for me....but looking at the rejection thread, maybe thats a good thing!
eek...i hope they finish that real soon...

jlee9531 said:
eek...i hope they finish that real soon...

prolly by the middle of sept my letters will be out.....i knew this was going to happen so im prepared for whatever consequences there are....ie interviewing in feb. :oops:

I got on my advisor, he wrote my committee letter and sent my letters out last week. I was worried that this whole "sent out in August" thing was bad for rolling admissions....but i'm happy to hear others are in the same boat. Why do our schools do this? Why do they wait till August/September to write them? One would think they'd have them sent by July, or whenever we get our AMCAS in. I'm complete at most of the schools now (though some still show that no letters have been recieved, and it's been almost a week since they were sent...slow bastards). I'll be making lots of phone calls to verify in the next few weeks or so...

wends said:
Same thing here...hopefully they'll be sent out soon. I feel like all that work on early submissions was for nothing. :(

OrnotMajestic said:
I got on my advisor, he wrote my committee letter and sent my letters out last week. I was worried that this whole "sent out in August" thing was bad for rolling admissions....but i'm happy to hear others are in the same boat. Why do our schools do this? Why do they wait till August/September to write them? One would think they'd have them sent by July, or whenever we get our AMCAS in. I'm complete at most of the schools now (though some still show that no letters have been recieved, and it's been almost a week since they were sent...slow bastards). I'll be making lots of phone calls to verify in the next few weeks or so...

outta sheer curiousity, why did u apply to wash u if u eliminated gu and nu cuz of prestige/high stats?

chitown82 said:
outta sheer curiousity, why did u apply to wash u if u eliminated gu and nu cuz of prestige/high stats?

The doctor that I shadowed graduated from there...and they have an incredible childrens hospital, and pediatrics is currently my main focus. I figured I'd keep one "high stat" school in there. Plus, I got their secondary first, so I just filled it out and sent it.

I have a letter packet from my school, and 5/6 of the letters have been in since the beginning of august. the last one? from my clinical experience director, to whom i sent in all the paperwork for a letter of rec in mid July, after i finally completed my personal statement (they wanted a copy of it for some reason.) Now it's pretty much September and they STILL haven't sent it to my school to complete my packet, and i've fortunately gotten extensions at schools for LOR deadlines. I've bugged them so much about it but it still isn't in. It's so frustrating waiting on that ONE letter to send everything out and have completed status at schools!

I was starting to feel like working hard on all those secondaries so early was a little unnecessary since i'll still have to wait on that one letter. I could've spent a little more time on them if i am still waiting, you know?

It's comforting to know there are others in similar positions as me...

Exactly my thoughts.......I feel all my early submission has been of no use because the LORs are not out YET....... the committee is going to meet on Spt 14 for the REGULAR admissions people.........my letters have been there for over 6 weeks now but they are not ready to do anything about it ...... I have no idea what these committee people do.......I am sure it takes time to get together everything but Sept 14 ........come on now........send it out already