venting /PHYSIO

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

buddindoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
just checking to see if any one had any strategies for tackling endocrine physiology...i swear i can not remember anything all those hormones ,Na ,K UGGGH,increases and decreases i am going crazy!!!!!!
physio in general is driving me up the wall...any one else care to join and vent???????
how do i study efficiently for physio :mad: :scared: :(

Members don't see this ad.

I gave up trying to learn endocrine physiology from the syllabus they gave us (all manner of Powerpoint slides and disorganized outlines typed in Word), stopped going to lecture for a couple of days and read the corresponding chapter of BRS Physiology from beginning to end. Then did it again one more time before the exam.

That wasn't *all* I did, but it helped a lot more than those stupid slides. :cool:

I agree. I think with subjects like Path and Physio, it is important to grasp the big picture before tackling the details. I think this is where BRS books come in handy. It is easy to get lost into the details of subjects like Physio and all you seem to acquire are bunches of factoids if you don't try to acquire the big picture first.

Costanzo hands down is the best for physiology. I didn't even read the hand outs from my lectures at school. I used her big Physio book (not the little BRS series), and even for a bigger text it is not cumbersome like the Guyton book, meaning she doesn't go overboard with unnecessary details.