Verbal format?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GHETTOFLOW21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I did a quick search but couldn't find any information so I just wanted to clear up a few points for my test on Saturday. First, my friend told me that in the MCAT essentials book it stated that the difficulty of passages was from easiest to hardest, and was wondering if anyone could confirm that. Secondly, are the lines formatted similar to that of Exam Krackers 101, with shorter line length, or are they like the Kaplan and Princeton Review formats with fewer lines that are longer? And last, are te lines numbered like in EK or not like AAMC and all the other practice CBT formats?

Members don't see this ad.

Lines are not numbered and they do not go from easiest to hardest. You can change the line length of the verbal passages by resizing the passage window.

Yeah I didn't know about that resizing thing either...pretty sure you can only scroll up and down but I honestly can't remember now.

Members don't see this ad :)
I might have mixed up the AAMC tests or the Kaplan tests with the real deal. It's been a few months since I took the MCAT. Either way, it's similar in format to the AAMC/Kaplan tests.

I don't think you can do that on the real thing, or can you?

You can re-size the window that the MCAT exam is in, and that changes the width of the box that the passage text is in, but it doesn't change the format of the passage itself, i.e. it doesn't change the line length, text wrap, or font size. And there aren't any line numbers. It is exceptionally similar to the AAMC practice FL's. Shocking.