Verbal Score ruins my chances?

Started by BranBran
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BranBran

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! My name is Brandon. Here are my stats:

Uni: Grand Valley State University
Clinical Exercise Science
Cumm GPA: 3.92
Prereq GPA: 3.95
Science GPA: 4.0
GRE: Q 160 V 145 W 4.0

Experience: 100 Outpatient (2 different clinics), 60 Inpatient (2 different hospitals), 120 more outpatient next Fall , 5 homehealth (lol)

...My verbal is under the 25th percentile.. lol. I was never much of a reader or writer growing up. No excuses, though. Do you think my app will stand a chance when applying to DPT programs? Will it get immediately thrown out due to my verbal score? Anyone have a similar problem to this?

Let me know! Thank you so much. I'm nervous about this.
 
Hi! My name is Brandon. Here are my stats:

Uni: Grand Valley State University
Clinical Exercise Science
Cumm GPA: 3.92
Prereq GPA: 3.95
Science GPA: 4.0
GRE: Q 160 V 145 W 4.0

Experience: 100 Outpatient (2 different clinics), 60 Inpatient (2 different hospitals), 120 more outpatient next Fall , 5 homehealth (lol)

...My verbal is under the 25th percentile.. lol. I was never much of a reader or writer growing up. No excuses, though. Do you think my app will stand a chance when applying to DPT programs? Will it get immediately thrown out due to my verbal score? Anyone have a similar problem to this?

Let me know! Thank you so much. I'm nervous about this.


That depends on where you're applying. If you're applying to schools with minimums for your GRE verbal score then I would say yes you would get immediately thrown out.
 
My verbal score was pretty bad too (145) but I had a high pre req gpa (3.75) and a pretty good cumulative (3.6). I also had a good Q score (157) and decent writing score (4.0). Your stats are all better than mine except the verbal score and I was able to get interviews at 12 schools (I applied to 22 which was way too much haha but I was worried about my verbal score too and a few withdrawals on my transcript)

I think you have a great chance to get into multiple schools. Just make sure the ones that you apply to don't have a minimum verbal score.