VERBAL Success!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shaqkillz451

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten verbal scores close to how they were doing on the practice (AAMC or Kaplan)....I'm getting 9's and 10's and the only thing that might make me postpone from taking the may 31st mcat is this verbal. My aim is a 10....plzz, ppl who actually got verbal scores paralleling their practice scores elaborate?:(

Confused

Members don't see this ad.

I got a 10 in the verbal section in almost all my practice tests and I got a 10 on the real thing. I wouldn't postpone your test because you're worried you will do worse on test day.

Verbal is pretty much a crapshoot. The curve is never consistant, and it all depends on how far "in the zone" of reading between the lines you are. I wouldn't postpone. You can only prepare so much for Verbal, then you have to just trust yourself.

I did 3 points lower than usual, but i wouldnt recommend postponing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've gotten mostly between 9-11's on the Verbal once I started using the highlighting feature on the CBT's. BUT, that score is usually hindered mostly by the fact that sometimes I've hit passages that I just 'don't get' and essentially drop the ball on it and miss all the questions while most of the questions on the other sections are right.

The same thing happens to me, the questions I get wrong are usually in the same passage or two. Eh.. some passages are boring or on really unfamiliar topics, I guess with practice I can "make myself interested" in those.

I would recommend taking the test if you're satisfied with the practice test score. The only thing that could adversely affect your score is if you get nervous on test day and can't focus, which is probably something you'll have to overcome even if you take the test later.