Verification by AMCAS complete on my app???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby Doo

IEatShavedPussyCats
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got this email from AMCAS...Dear AMCAS Applicant,

Your AMCAS application for the 2002 entering class has now completed
the Verification process. We recommend that you now re-review your
application on the web to ensure that all information is accurate.

Thank you for using AMCAS and best wishes during your medical school
admissions process. If you have any questions, please contact us at
(202) 828-0621 or via email at [email protected]

AMCAS

Members don't see this ad.

I got the same email. sure took them long enough to send it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats (I guess) to both of you! It gives us all hope.

July 1st for me.
I think Baylor was 6/28...if I remember right...

I just got the verfication e-mail as well. July 3rd submission for me.

close Scooby... 6/29 for me.

My application finally got verified and processed today. (Submitted & Certified-- 06/28/2001, Date Processed-08/08/2001) Does this mean it's been sent? (probably not) I'm sooo tired of this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*sob* i thought my day would never come...

almost seven weeks after i submitted my app (june 24th), it finally shows a process date, 8/7/01. little marks by my grades and the whole deal.

for those who are interested, my undergrad school was on a quarter system.

Originally posted by Jacky:
•My application finally got verified and processed today. (Submitted & Certified-- 06/28/2001, Date Processed-08/08/2001) Does this mean it's been sent? (probably not) I'm sooo tired of this. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

NEVER assume anything with AMCAS. If I were you, I would assume that AMCAS has not transmitted or sent ANYTHING to any of your med schools and will not do so for some time (at least until you hear differently from the med schools directly).

If any of your schools are using alternate procedures, take advantage of it.

AMCAS must be destroyed!!!

Okay, so I checked on my application status and first thing I see it that it's been verified. I"m so elated so I scroll down and look at the courses section to see the check marks.

And there it was, my perfectly nicely entered courses, completely jumbled up with X's all over the place. Day before yesterday when I check, the courses were in the right order and everything, but today they have me enrooled in college and taking physics before I even graduated from high school!!!! :mad:

All of you who have been verified: check to make sure that they didn't mess up in the verification process !!!!

I submitted on 6/28/01 and still haven't gotten anything yet. I called and AMCAS said they were processing my application but that was last week. How long does it take to process an application? My school's on quarters as well.

I submitted my application on 6/25, the first day I was allowed to. I called last week to see what was up, seeing as that they had had all my transcripts and the completed app for more than seven weeks. I was told that my application would be verified any day now. To this day, 8/9, other than my MCAT scores showing up (which I hear will eventually be erased) my application has not been touched. I'm starting to suspect that something has happened with my information. Anyone else out there that is in the same boat?

everbody my advice calling them up and reminding them of ur submission date! that should get them to work in order......and process ur application...

good luck