Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is ridiculous, my app was verified last week and yet it still hasn't been released to schools. I want my secondaries!

Members don't see this ad.

This is ridiculous, my app was verified last week and yet it still hasn't been released to schools. I want my secondaries!

They probably already released your app to schools but AACOMAS just needed a few days to update the status. I'm sure you will get some secondaries this week. :)

It likely went out today. They only release once per week on tuesdays. It will show up thursday as being released. You will probably get secondaries starting later today or tomorrow, at the latest thursday. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
They probably already released your app to schools but AACOMAS just needed a few days to update the status. I'm sure you will get some secondaries this week. :)

It likely went out today. They only release once per week on tuesdays. It will show up thursday as being released. You will probably get secondaries starting later today or tomorrow, at the latest thursday. :thumbup:

Thanks for the reassurance. Good! I'm hoping to knock out the easy secondaries and really cross my fingers for some early interviews. Especially since LECOM is giving out invites already right?

Thanks for the reassurance. Good! I'm hoping to knock out the easy secondaries and really cross my fingers for some early interviews. Especially since LECOM is giving out invites already right?

Yep, LECOM is so far the only school that has started giving out interviews. I would expect some of the other schools to begin handing them out in the next couple of weeks.

Nice, AACOMAS didn't update saying what schools got it on what date yet but CCOM's secondary just came. Excellent.

Submitted: 6/28
Last Transcript in: 7/13 (Huge snafu...had to finally overnight it)
Verified: 7/23

Submitted 7/9
Verified 7/23

About 2 weeks it looks like for people who submitted early/mid July. Good luck.

Last edited:
AACOMAS submitted: 7/19
Verified: 7/28... just received email from AACOMAS woo hooo!!!

anyone know how long it takes for AACOMAS to release the primary app to schools?

AACOMAS submitted: 7/19
Verified: 7/28... just received email from AACOMAS woo hooo!!!

anyone know how long it takes for AACOMAS to release the primary app to schools?

they usually do it the following tuesday

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted: 7/15
Last transcript received: 7/20
Verified: 7/29

does anyone know how long it takes for AACOMAS to receive transcripts? I'm hoping my AACOMAS app will be received in about 3 weeks since I submitted a couple days ago. I requested my transcript at the same time. Will the transcript get there by the time my app is verified and complete?

hi guys,

was wondering if anyone knows if i need to turn in my letter of recs to receive secondaries... I'm waiting for my committee letter so I haven't sent the letters out yet..

and for those using Interfolio, How do I send the letters to AACOMAS? do I have to send it through mail or can I do it online?

Thanks

does anyone know how long it takes for AACOMAS to receive transcripts? I'm hoping my AACOMAS app will be received in about 3 weeks since I submitted a couple days ago. I requested my transcript at the same time. Will the transcript get there by the time my app is verified and complete?

I am pretty sure AACOMAS has to receive your transcript before your application is verified. I don't think they process your application without the transcript but someone correct me if I'm wrong. Once the transcript is received, it will show on the website and they will start process the app. It might take 2-3 weeks to verify depend on how much backlog there is.

hi guys,

was wondering if anyone knows if i need to turn in my letter of recs to receive secondaries... I'm waiting for my committee letter so I haven't sent the letters out yet..

and for those using Interfolio, How do I send the letters to AACOMAS? do I have to send it through mail or can I do it online?

Thanks

You don't have to include your LORS in the primary app in AACOMAS. You will send the LORS straight to each schools, I believe. And yes, you can do that online. Interfolio has the delivery function that lets you send out the LORS when you are ready.

submitted 7/25 <- typo corrected :-D
verified today! 8/3

Last edited:
submitted 7/28
verified today! 8/3
Anything especially easy about your file? I submitted mine on the 26th and still not verified. All my transcripts(3 schools) have been in since the 14th.

just got verified!

submitted: 7/27
verified: 8/5

transcripts were in at the beginning of july

Does anyone know if AACOMAS verifies the applications by the date submitted or the date the application was complete? I submitted around 6/20, but I have to wait for a loan consolidation to go through before I can have my transcripts sent out, and I'm worried I'm going to get stuck in a deluge of applications if my transcripts aren't sent out until the end of the month.

Does anyone know if AACOMAS verifies the applications by the date submitted or the date the application was complete? I submitted around 6/20, but I have to wait for a loan consolidation to go through before I can have my transcripts sent out, and I'm worried I'm going to get stuck in a deluge of applications if my transcripts aren't sent out until the end of the month.

Verification begins when your transcripts are received. Often times it takes up to 2 weeks after sending them for them to acknowledge receipt. Its in your best interest to mail the transcripts as soon as possible. Personally I would have applied to 1 or 2 less schools if it meant I could have had my transcripts out earlier. Good luck. Hopefully you can get them out soon. It seems as though they are verifying more quickly this year so hopefully it won't take you too long.

Verification begins when your transcripts are received.

Right, I get that. But what I'm wondering is if the verification queue is arranged by order in which the application was submitted, or in order of which it was complete.

Right, I get that. But what I'm wondering is if the verification queue is arranged by order in which the application was submitted, or in order of which it was complete.

Thats what I'm saying, they will being the verification "queue" in the order your transcripts are received. You won't immediately jump to the front upon receipt of your transcripts if that is what you are asking.

My status on the website says "Verified. Release dates appear next to schools". It has been that way since friday and have not received any emails. The status next to the schools just says submitted to AACOMAS. Is this normal?

My status on the website says "Verified. Release dates appear next to schools". It has been that way since friday and have not received any emails. The status next to the schools just says submitted to AACOMAS. Is this normal?

It will say "Submitted to AACOMAS" for couple of days. You will start getting secondaries tomorrow. On Thursday afternoon, it will say "Released 8/XX/2010 View" and when you click on view, you will see a pdf that was sent to schools with your GPA calculations. It will say "Submitted to AACOMAS" until then.

I think we need an official AACOMAS verification thread.

I submitted 8/26 and am processing. How long do you think the wait will be?

i was wondering the exact same thing. i submitted on 8/27. ill let you know when my primary is finished processing

I think we need an official AACOMAS verification thread.

I submitted 8/26 and am processing. How long do you think the wait will be?

I submitted on 8/18, and my final transcript was received on 8/24. They started processing on my file on 8/25 and I was verified today.

wow thats pretty quick lol... lets hope my stuff gets verified like yours!! they musta liked you haha

after you pay it goes straight to processing

after you pay it goes straight to processing

Yep, it only says processing after you pay. To be more clear, I should have just said, my last transcript was received on 8/24 and it was verified yesterday.

impressive! I submitted a week ago and was verified today. Way better than the 8 weeks it took last year...

USCTrojan11, is your application still processing?

Hey guys,

i thought i'd update my status as well. I submitted on the 25th and got verified this afternoon.

I'm sure ppl who submitted on the 26 should be verified in the next couple of days. As long as you are done by monday all our apps will be released on Tuesday, so don't fret. You still have till monday morning.

I really hope is get it tomorrow, im dying!!! haha.... my application is still processing... i submitted mine at like 6PM on the 27th

I really hope is get it tomorrow, im dying!!! haha.... my application is still processing... i submitted mine at like 6PM on the 27th

chill man that was only 4 days ago. you should be done before the weekend hits. Give them a week at least. They have improved their times from 8 weeks last year to a week. At least wait that much lol

haha ive been trying to keep myself busy by watching scrubs.... great show!

Angryazn - any update?

Mine is still processing as of now. My AMCAS was verified today though! Good luck man! It looks like there was a guy after us who is already verified. This is weird.

Mine is still processing....

I know!! That guy submitted later than us and got his app verified today... thats some bs lol. good luck to you too, hopefully by the end of today our apps will be verified!

I submitted late 8/26 so really 8/27 and got verified today