Verification

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Andres Ponce

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I saw that the alo forum had a verification thread...
For those of you that have submitted already, I was just wondering how long it has taken you to get verified?

Time from hitting submit to getting verified = 4 days.

But, I submitted on the first day. I would guess that they are more backed up now, and so it might take longer than that.

Time from hitting submit to getting verified = 4 days.

But, I submitted on the first day. I would guess that they are more backed up now, and so it might take longer than that.

Same here. Submitted 6/1/10, verified 6/5/10.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified in under 24 hours, submitted June 1, though. It is undoubtedly longer now.

i submitted 6/3. they received my last transcript on 6/6 and i was verified 6/10

On a related note, has anyone had their application forwarded to their schools yet? My home screen has the little dialogue "Release dates appear next to schools." but I haven't seen any dates yet.

On a related note, has anyone had their application forwarded to their schools yet? My home screen has the little dialogue "Release dates appear next to schools." but I haven't seen any dates yet.

Mine have been released to a couple of my schools, but some have not been released yet. The first ones were released really quickly after they showed that they were "submitted to AACOMAS", but this other one has been there for more than a week now. I don't know if some schools are just holding off downloading applications until they are ready to send out secondaries, or what.

FYI Just got an e-mail saying "Your application will be released to the schools by the close of business tomorrow." I imagine this probably goes for everyone who currently has "Submitted to AACOMAS" for their schools and is verified since they do it in batches.

Submitted 6/5. Verified pre-June 1.

I submitted 6/1 and was "undelivered" 6/9 because they hadn't gotten my last transcript. I'll be re-delivering today with that grade in lol and hoping that my transcript gets there shortly.

Submitted: 7 June
Last Transcript Recieved: 11 June
Verified: 21 June

Last edited:
Submitted to AACOMAS on 6/6/2010. still shows as
"Submitted to AACOMAS"

Status is verified.

It took my app a week and then some to get verified. From the sound of the support message I got after being verified, the release date is visible only after the college downloads your application...

check it:

Applications/Updates are sent once a week from data received by Monday morning and made available on Tuesday. The release date on your application will be hidden from your view for a few days to allow time for the colleges to download the data.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNqoLRy4VHw[/YOUTUBE]

Submitted - 6/1
Unsubmitted from AACOMAS - 6/9 (no transcript, they didn't like that)
Re-submitted to AACOMAS - 6/14

I'm partially verified, 2 of my transcripts have been verified and only 1 grade/transcript was missing so hopefully it shouldn't take too long. I'll let you know in here when I hear back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted - 6/1
Unsubmitted from AACOMAS - 6/9 (no transcript, they didn't like that)
Re-submitted to AACOMAS - 6/14

I'm partially verified, 2 of my transcripts have been verified and only 1 grade/transcript was missing so hopefully it shouldn't take too long. I'll let you know in here when I hear back.

They went ahead and verified 2 of your transcripts? How do you know does it say that you are partially verified?

They went ahead and verified 2 of your transcripts? How do you know does it say that you are partially verified?

When I clicked the "edit courses" link there was a notice at the top of the screen saying "Warning: This transcript has been verified, modification of information in this section could delay processing"

Mine was kind of a different status since I submitted once, was "verified" or attempted to be but was missing a transcript. They then unsubmitted me for being undeliverable because of the missing transcript.

just to give everyone a time frame if you are waiting to be verified.. i submitted my application on june 10th and was just verified today, june 15th

just to give everyone a time frame if you are waiting to be verified.. i submitted my application on june 10th and was just verified today, june 15th

Submitted June 11th, Verified June 16th so very similar timeline

Submitted June 11th, Verified June 16th so very similar timeline

Wondering if this is subjective as to how many transcripts/courses/retakes one has. I should be on the same timeframe (submitted on the 7th last transcript recieved on the 11th) but didn't get verified today.

submitted 6/10
verified today (via email) 6/16

So, it took 4 days for verification (not including the weekends).
Hang in there! :oops: They release to schools every Tuesday, so I'm hoping to get secondaries within 2 weeks.

That's weird that they "partially verify" someone. I've never heard of that until this cycle.

I had all my transcripts in a few weeks before I made the payment, which i did on 6/16. Just waiting for apps to be released to schools

Submitted 6/11
Verified 6/17

Thought it would take longer than that :)

submitted: june 1st
verified: june 10th
rleased: june 17th

:)

I just checked and I am released!

Submitted: June 1
Verified: June 5
Released: June 17

Submitted: 6/1
Undelivered: 6/6 (no transcript)
Re-submitted: 6/15
Transcript got there: 6/15 (they say 6/17 but it was sent overnight)
Verified: 6/18

That was pretty quick lol Now I just gotta wait until they release me, which will probably be on Tuesday.

I got released to a school yesterday, so I'm wondering if they have an established policy on when they release apps.

I got released to a school yesterday, so I'm wondering if they have an established policy on when they release apps.

Their verification e-mail says that after verification they release to schools on Tuesday the information that is available Monday morning.

Their verification e-mail says that after verification they release to schools on Tuesday the information that is available Monday morning.

Yeah but Judas was referring to being released on Thursday, I think the confusion is why he was wondering.

Not sure why I got released on a day other than Tuesday, but I was released on 6/17 to a school. Maybe it was released before then and the school just decided to download my application then. I'm not sure, though.

Not sure why I got released on a day other than Tuesday, but I was released on 6/17 to a school. Maybe it was released before then and the school just decided to download my application then. I'm not sure, though.

It seems like most people have been getting "released" as in seeing "released to XYZ School" on Thursdays. The apps likely go out on Tuesday and thursday is the day that it is officially "at" the school and downloaded. Who knows though, its all speculation. All I know is my stuff is verified and submitted and I'm just waiting to start getting some damn secondaries so I can start submitting.

It seems like most people have been getting "released" as in seeing "released to XYZ School" on Thursdays. The apps likely go out on Tuesday and thursday is the day that it is officially "at" the school and downloaded. Who knows though, its all speculation. All I know is my stuff is verified and submitted and I'm just waiting to start getting some damn secondaries so I can start submitting.

Word!

I'm pulling for you, man. You seem to be genuinely interested in helping folks on here. Good luck!

anyone recently get verified? i submitted 6/21 and i'm trying to gage how long it might take.

Pre-verified before I submitted.

Submitted 6/16.

Released to schools 6/25. :)

i submitted 6/20... my transcript was sent 6/21 ...it still says transcript not received !!!!

Submitted 6/16
Transcripts 6/17
Verified 6/28

Still says "Submitted to AACOMAS" though, oh well at least I'm verified :)

Submitted 6/16
Transcripts 6/17
Verified 6/28

Still says "Submitted to AACOMAS" though, oh well at least I'm verified :)

You'll go out today if it was verified yesterday morning. It will tell you it has been released on 7/1. Should start getting secondaries around then :thumbup:

what does pre verified mean?

I was looking at the 2009-2010 thread and almost any app sent starting in July took 1 month to be verified. Hope that gives you a rough time frame.

what does pre verified mean?

I sent in my transcripts in early May and entered in all my classes before they received my transcripts but I guess since it was in so early, they just went ahead and verified all my coursework. It said verified before I even hit the submit button.

I submitted yesterday but I am still waiting on two more transcripts, both of which Interfolio says arrived today but AACOMAS hasn't been updated yet.

I will be starting a post-bacc in the fall and put it down on my application as "planned/in progress" and AACOMAS listed the university as one that they need transcripts from. Will I still be verified because I listed the courses as Planned so I obviously don't have a transcript yet?

I submitted yesterday but I am still waiting on two more transcripts, both of which Interfolio says arrived today but AACOMAS hasn't been updated yet.

I will be starting a post-bacc in the fall and put it down on my application as "planned/in progress" and AACOMAS listed the university as one that they need transcripts from. Will I still be verified because I listed the courses as Planned so I obviously don't have a transcript yet?

Yes you will still be verified! This was one of my concerns as well except for my summer class. It will still say "2 of 3 transcripts rec'd" but you will get verified just remember to update them with the grades :)

Yes you will still be verified! This was one of my concerns as well except for my summer class. It will still say "2 of 3 transcripts rec'd" but you will get verified just remember to update them with the grades :)

Thanks, that's good to know! I am kicking myself for not submitting my AACOMAS earlier! I hope I get verified ASAP because I feel behind in the cycle already and I have an MCAT score that expires soon!!!!

i submitted 6/20... my transcript was sent 6/21 ...it still says transcript not received !!!!

I sent my transcript on 6/21 as well and they just got my transcript today..Don't worry. They should get your transcript either today or tomorrow :]

Thanks, that's good to know! I am kicking myself for not submitting my AACOMAS earlier! I hope I get verified ASAP because I feel behind in the cycle already and I have an MCAT score that expires soon!!!!

Well you're definitely not late haha I'm sure you'll get verified soon mine took around 10-11 days. You should look into the school specific threads for secondary prompts! That's what I wish I was doing and not studying for the mcat :(

So I was wondering, I'm planning on submitting my primary next week, and AACOMAS already has all my transcripts, how long will it take for them to verify my application and send it to the schools? (I will be submitting it without my mcat since I'll be taking that at the end of July).

thnx

Well you're definitely not late haha I'm sure you'll get verified soon mine took around 10-11 days. You should look into the school specific threads for secondary prompts! That's what I wish I was doing and not studying for the mcat :(

Mind me asking when you submitted your app? I submitted today. Everything has been received (transcripts, mcat, etc), so I'm just trying to ballpark how long verification will take.

Transcripts received 6/24. Verified today, 7/1. 5 business days

Mind me asking when you submitted your app? I submitted today. Everything has been received (transcripts, mcat, etc), so I'm just trying to ballpark how long verification will take.

Submitted 6/16
Transcripts 6/17
Verified 6/28

I probably could have been verified a little earlier but I got undelivered because I messed up my repeats. I thought it was a pretty fast turn around. I would say maybe around a 1-2 weeks?