Verified, now what?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mutterkuchen

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I actually have not yet submitted but will soon, and have a question. Do schools offer acceptances now for those students with lower (27) MCAT scores? Or if I submit and get an early interview, would I probably be interviewing for the same waitlist slots that people in Feb. and March are interviewing for?

Does it really pay to apply early if you have lower scores? My GPA is good.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes it pays to apply early if you have a 27! Maybe not if you had a 23 and planned to retake... but with a 27 you should definitely get hte ball rolling now.

Good luck :)

I was going to say, now wait, but i see you've not submitted yet, much less been verified. Your results in getting interviews and acceptances will depend on how the rest of your app (EC's, LOR's, essays, interviewing skills) looks. Submit ASAP, because early applicants really do have an advantage. Oh, and btw, Welcome to SDN! :)

I had a 27 MCAT but everything else in my app was pretty strong. When I called USF after I got rejected to see why, the dean told me I would probably have been interviewed if I applied early....so do it! :D I applied in October and held onto secondaries for months :rolleyes: ....don't do what I did! It's very risky :rolleyes: