1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Verified, now what?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mutterkuchen, Jun 18, 2002.

1. Mutterkuchen

Mutterkuchen Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

I actually have not yet submitted but will soon, and have a question. Do schools offer acceptances now for those students with lower (27) MCAT scores? Or if I submit and get an early interview, would I probably be interviewing for the same waitlist slots that people in Feb. and March are interviewing for?

Does it really pay to apply early if you have lower scores? My GPA is good.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. relatively prime

relatively prime post happy member
    7+ Year Member

Yes it pays to apply early if you have a 27! Maybe not if you had a 23 and planned to retake... but with a 27 you should definitely get hte ball rolling now.

Good luck :)

4. SMW

SMW Grand Member
    7+ Year Member

I was going to say, now wait, but i see you've not submitted yet, much less been verified. Your results in getting interviews and acceptances will depend on how the rest of your app (EC's, LOR's, essays, interviewing skills) looks. Submit ASAP, because early applicants really do have an advantage. Oh, and btw, Welcome to SDN! :)

5. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I had a 27 MCAT but everything else in my app was pretty strong. When I called USF after I got rejected to see why, the dean told me I would probably have been interviewed if I applied early....so do it! :D I applied in October and held onto secondaries for months :rolleyes: ....don't do what I did! It's very risky :rolleyes: